Gen2 HID install

Just installed mine today. your write-up was encouraging so I made it happen. Great looking bulbs. Hope they last. Thanks Blanca!

Pics it looks really cool. I had them like this on my last busa and zx14

20130331_203003.jpg

20130331_194147.jpg

20130329_205227.jpg

Re: Blanca's new Granny Blinders....

Thanks for the info. I ordered my kit few weeks ago. Just need to get it done! Hope it goes well. Vinnie

Have been using the DDM tuning kit for both low and high beam....55W since 2011
And my high beam has been flashing the air traffic and birds for ever...havent had the courage to pull out the headlight remove the housing and do that shim mod. Any easier way?
For guys using OEM halogen on the high beam how is it? I mean hows it with a combination of 55w xenon and halogen?

Re: Blanca's new Granny Blinders....

nice write up , I just got my busa and will be doing this as soon as the weather breaks ...

Hey all. Just thought I'd throw my input in here. DDM still has motorcycle kits. However it is cheaper to buy the car kit and an extra set of bulbs than it is to buy two motorcycle kits. So if you want to buy HID kit for your Busa your best bet is to buy the Car kit with the H7 bulbs. Then buy a pair of H9 (or whatever your high beam is) bulbs. Then you have two of each bulb and you still pay less. About $5 less and you have spare bulbs. I have spoken with DDM tuning and have confirmed that the car and cycle ballasts and bulbs are identical. Plus if in the event you have a bulb go out on you then you have a spare on hand while DDM processes your warranty. Side note for 55w kit spare bulbs and H7 spacers it'll run you about $80 including shipping to Virginia. Not a bad price for lifetime warranty hid kit! Thanks guys for putting DDM Tuning out there!

Just installed mine! Thanks for the write up. I studied your pics and walkthrough so much that I was able to complete it in just over an hour. 55 watt 6000k hi/low and led id lights. Also I only removed the dash trim, windscreen and gauges. Super helpful write-up. Thanks again! Lol can you see me now? Good

20140501_225020.jpg

20140501_224952.jpg

20140501_225001.jpg

The thread that keeps on giving. Thanks Blanca. :bowdown:

I am almost done installing DDM Hid kits on both Low and High beam. My question is since I have everything apart, does everyone after installing Hid in Low and High beams have to adjust their beams lower or higher? Both Low and high Beams or just one generally needs it. I just traded in my 2000 Busa and installing the new kits on my new 2011 Busa.

My thought is if that is the next thing to do it would be easier to make my first beam adjustments now while access is at a premium.

Thanks

Have been using the DDM tuning kit for both low and high beam....55W since 2011
And my high beam has been flashing the air traffic and birds for ever...havent had the courage to pull out the headlight remove the housing and do that shim mod. Any easier way?
For guys using OEM halogen on the high beam how is it? I mean hows it with a combination of 55w xenon and halogen?

Did you ever find an easier way? I have my nose apart at the moment and wanted to fix the highbeam, but I have the same fear of pulling the headlight apart. Let me know.

Just a note... When I did my gen 1, I put 6000k in the low beam and 5000k in the high beam. The 5000k being a slightly yellow tint really really cut the haze at dusk and dawn.

I'm putting in HID Kit 10000k both high beam and low beam...just wondering if people drove around with high beams on as well...or just low beam
thats a really poor idea! 10000k will resemble a Honda ricer and look like shiit! not to mention u aint gonna see shiit! the further u get away from sunlight (4300k) the less bright it gets and kinda defeats the purpose of havn HID's.

how do u ride with both the low and high beam on at the same time?

thats a really poor idea! 10000k will resemble a Honda ricer and look like shiit! not to mention u aint gonna see shiit! the further u get away from sunlight (4300k) the less bright it gets and kinda defeats the purpose of havn HID's.

how do u ride with both the low and high beam on at the same time?

This is true. I used to run 6000K 50 watt bulbs and really liked the way they looked, but now run 5000K bulbs and I see better with them, most notably the contrast is better and I feel depth perception is better with the 5000K bulbs.

I put 6000k in both hi and low beam, I love em, should have gotten 5000k though. I put 4300k in my gixxer both hi and low once before. A cop pulled me over when I rode with both of them on. I would turn the high beams on when I came up to dense traffic at night. He told me it was illegal to have them on when on the highway even for a short time.

I'm installing a HID kit to my low beam and hope that someone could help me bit with this one. I'm not sure should I put this tab facing up or down when the b ulb is in place?

252ZIsy.png

Also do I need to remove this when using HID bulb or let it be as is?

BcWrzpI.png

And there is Black and BlackWhite wire coming to original H7 bulb connector. This is where I will take the power to my HID ballast. Is the black wire negative and BlackWhite positive?

Back