New Guy from TN - First Hayabusa

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm excited to join the club! I'll see if I can get some better pics up after I pick her up and clean her this weekend.

:welcome: to the org! I love it when a new guy posts on here CORRECTLY and by the :rulez:! Thanks for showing yer pics!!

:welcome:

The nice thing about the Busa is you can set it up to do anything you want and she will do it well. The aftermarket selection is almost endless, and our sponsors here can help you get set up.

Good luck with the second gear fix.

:welcome: Congrats on the bike, and good luck with the 2nd gear fix.

Curious about the username... Flying and fast bikes seem to go together well. Which type rating(s) do you hold?

Things you put on the internet can never be taken away, Bad boy Brad :Facepalm: (yep, i know there's no facepalm icon, but there needs to be)...

Hahaha, I almost forgot about bad boy Brad! :rofl:
:welcome: Congrats on the bike, and good luck with the 2nd gear fix.

Curious about the username... Flying and fast bikes seem to go together well. Which type rating(s) do you hold?
Actually I don't have any type ratings... yet. I'm trying to convince my buddy who just bought a new Eclipse 500 to let me get one in it, but IDK if it'll happen. The name just had a nice ring to it. I am a pilot though, I'm currently going to school up here at MTSU. I'll be graduating from their pro pilot program in December. Oh, and I heard some bad new this morning. Supposedly dude laid the Hayabusa down on Tuesday :11zpissed: I don't know how bad it is yet, I'll be down to assess the damage this weekend.

Actually I don't have any type ratings... yet. I'm trying to convince my buddy who just bought a new Eclipse 500 to let me get one in it, but IDK if it'll happen. The name just had a nice ring to it. I am a pilot though, I'm currently going to school up here at MTSU. I'll be graduating from their pro pilot program in December. Oh, and I heard some bad new this morning. Supposedly dude laid the Hayabusa down on Tuesday :11zpissed: I don't know how bad it is yet, I'll be down to assess the damage this weekend.

Hey, that Eclipse is a cool little VLJ. I was also a pro pilot major at MTSU once upon a time. I started in fall of 2001, but got out of it when the job market vaporized after 9/11. I was sitting in my intro class as it was all going down in New York. Went back to Corlew afterward and we all gathered around the big screen in the lobby. Anyway... :down:

About that bike. I'm not sure what sort of price point you're looking for, but there are plenty of nice Busas out there for not much money. Personally, I wouldn't go for one with the transmission trouble and a crash. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:

:welcome::welcome::welcome: don't worry typerated, I looked at about 15 different busas before buying mine and out of about 5 of those, I'd receive a call before going to check it out and somehow the bike fell over or tipped over or he was cleaning it up and something fell on it or he was pulling it out of the garage and it slipped out of his hands or some excuse, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had these experiences. Be very cautious and try to check the bike out as well as you can, if I didn't have a friend who knew the ins and outs of the busa, I would have bought 15 horrible busas. I agree with Flicka, I don't know how much you're looking to spend but bikes are always popping up for sale! Best of luck!

Welcome brad. The BUSA is a fantastic machine but don't rush into this trade. I personally don't think a BUSA with an expensive 2nd gear fix is worth an even swap for your current bike. The trade become even more lopsided when you factor in this latest crash. I'm not saying don't trade him for it, I'm just saying if the crash wasn't bad be sure to get the bike plus cash for your trade. Be sure to get plenty if pics of the damage as I'm sure there are plenty if people on here that can tell you what those parts are worth so you can make an informed decision. If I'm not mistaken the average price people paid to undercut the transmission was something like $1000. Search this board for 2nd gear fix and you find out everything you need to know about it.

:welcome: where in tn are you? Im right out side of lexington
I'm in Murfreesboro

Hey, that Eclipse is a cool little VLJ. I was also a pro pilot major at MTSU once upon a time. I started in fall of 2001, but got out of it when the job market vaporized after 9/11. I was sitting in my intro class as it was all going down in New York. Went back to Corlew afterward and we all gathered around the big screen in the lobby. Anyway... :down:

About that bike. I'm not sure what sort of price point you're looking for, but there are plenty of nice Busas out there for not much money. Personally, I wouldn't go for one with the transmission trouble and a crash. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:
That's cool you were in the pro pilot program too, but it's unfortunate you had to get out of it. I completely understand though, as I question my decision some days. I'm going to get out of here with a crazy amount of debt and probably be forced to take a flight instructor position for barely any pay.

Oh, I did talk to my brother about the 'Busa. It's his boss who owns it and he checked it out after the drop. He said it was dropped while barely moving and it only put a couple scratches on the right fairing, nothing else. I'm riding down tonight and I'll check it out myself tomorrow. If I do decide to trade still, I'll make it even out. I did get a cash offer on my bike yesterday too, but I doubt I could get a Hayabusa for the $4500 I was offered. That's really all I'd have to spend. It sucks being a broke college student!

Welcome brad. The BUSA is a fantastic machine but don't rush into this trade. I personally don't think a BUSA with an expensive 2nd gear fix is worth an even swap for your current bike. The trade become even more lopsided when you factor in this latest crash. I'm not saying don't trade him for it, I'm just saying if the crash wasn't bad be sure to get the bike plus cash for your trade. Be sure to get plenty if pics of the damage as I'm sure there are plenty if people on here that can tell you what those parts are worth so you can make an informed decision. If I'm not mistaken the average price people paid to undercut the transmission was something like $1000. Search this board for 2nd gear fix and you find out everything you need to know about it.

Speaking of that, I called RC's Performance yesterday and they said it I send them the trans, they'll inspect it and undercut 2nd for $150. I'm good with a wrench, so pulling everything isn't an issue.

Well guys, it's not looking so good. I went today and checked it out and I just don't think it's worth it. The damage is bad enough, but it also needs 2 new tires, new brake pads front and rear, a new chain, new fork seals, and the 2nd gear fix. So, the hunt continues. I would post a trade ad for my bike, but I guess I haven't been around long enough. Here's some carnage pics...
photo7_zpsab5cdb19.jpg

photo6_zpsb5bbefe6.jpg

photo5_zps1384297b.jpg

photo5_zps1384297b.jpg

Back