New Bundle of Joy

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Nearly 65 lbs worth of joy altogether...

This is an easy one, but who here (not named Saiid :laugh:) knows exactly what this is?

1940 vintage, all matching numbers, excellent condition. All I'm missing now is a bottle of vodka.

IMG_6597.jpg

That's a lovely 7.62 x 54R Mosin Nagant M44.

Looks like the stock is in good shape too.

That's a lovely 7.62 x 54R Mosin Nagant M44.

Looks like the stock is in good shape too.

Very close on the model! Yeah, the wood is in pretty good shape. The action is especially nice.

very nice Mosin! We just finally got rid of our batch of Chinese M53s....gotta love this style of rifle, and they're still (relatively) cheap! We'll see what happens to import restrictions here in the near future tho...

gonna hafta post up some pictures of my new baby too - just got finished building my AR...I had a ton of fun with it! :D

Thanks, all. I've fired an M44 before, but never this model. We all know the 7.62x54R round does a fine job on Nazis, but I hear it's pretty effective on deer too. Might have to give that a shot later in the year. You can see in the pic, I got a handful of Russian ammo to plink around with. :laugh:

Okay, Saiid, you can play. I figured you'd know this one right off, and nobody else has called it out yet. :thumbsup:

m44 is the carbine version of the 91/30. round receiver...which arsenal? also i have been keeping an eye on Dunham's sports...they are selling the tins when nobody else has them. 89-119 each... check their adds... call ahead to make sure they have but i have been able to get some stock

m44 is the carbine version of the 91/30. round receiver...which arsenal? also i have been keeping an eye on Dunham's sports...they are selling the tins when nobody else has them. 89-119 each... check their adds... call ahead to make sure they have but i have been able to get some stock

Chris, this one is from Izhevsk, 1940. The mark is a little light, but you know by 1940 they were more interested in getting these things out to the field than anything else. I bought that case in the pic from Midway. They still have them in stock.

Mosin Armory Mark crop.jpg

Very nice! And where did you score this find?

and +1 on the visit to casa de Daniel :laugh:

This is the one I was talking about last weekend. Bud's got a shipment, and I decided to go ahead will I could still get my hands on one. When are we going to have a range day??? :thumbsup:

Mosin Armory Mark crop.jpg

If I remember correctly they produced 30 something million of these rifles in different configurations and at different armories. Old Tula made are most prized. You got a pretty one... Did it come packed in cosmoline? Hate that crap!

Some shoot very well 2 to 3 inches - others not so well - Let us know if you have a shooter or not! Picture of target.

Congrats on the new bundle of Joy.

Beautiful. A fine choice Komrade....

An enemy at the gate you are now...

That is an excellent clip. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Very cool. I believed I looked that weekend after the gun show and they were out of stock already so you apprently got one of the last ones :thumbsup:

We gotta schedule a range day. Just dont know where. We can have an old school range day. You have that, I have my mauser, and Charlie has one he is wanting to shoot.

Old school range day? That is an excellent idea. We should check with Tim about a place to shoot... :whistle:

If I remember correctly they produced 30 something million of these rifles in different configurations and at different armories. Old Tula made are most prized. You got a pretty one... Did it come packed in cosmoline? Hate that crap!

Some shoot very well 2 to 3 inches - others not so well - Let us know if you have a shooter or not! Picture of target.

Congrats on the new bundle of Joy.

There are a few little hints of cosmoline left, but it had been cleaned up pretty well when I got it. I don't know the exact number (I'd bet nobody truly knows), but they were definitely produced well into the millions. I also have a 1951 Tula SKS that my grandpa picked up in 1994 for $110. That thing is a blast to shoot. I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get out to the range with this one, but I will check out the grouping.

Back