Will These Fit??

C-Dog

Formerly cuderdog
Registered
...found these cute little Fog Lights that weigh almost nothing and mount perfectly to the reflector studs.
But, only about two inches+ to the fairing when straight and one & a half at full lock.
Is this too close? (How much suspension travel do we have?)

FOGL1.jpg

FOGL2.jpg

Looks too close for me. I don't know the exact numbers though.

Never mind! Jumped on the front a little bit and it's WAY TOO CLOSE!!
.....but they looked so good tucked in there!
...back to the drawing board.

Maybe you could find a way to mount them at the fender bolts. That's where Clearwater lights go.

At least you thought about it. I was thinking about an accidental skyward trip and the slam landing. You'll figure it out.

dadofthree said:
At least you thought about it. I was thinking about an accidental skyward trip and the slam landing. You'll figure it out.

"been there"! Know what you mean!

Flicka said:
Maybe you could find a way to mount them at the fender bolts. That's where Clearwater lights go.

Thanx Bro. Never really liked the way the clearwaters mount "out there"! but guess they put them there for a reason!

card16969 said:
make a 90 degree bracket and mount them downwards

Yep! Just what I'm working on! Thanx!
Any idea just how much S. travel I should figure for?

If you look at your fork down tube you can see how far down the seal has been by the dust line it left. That will give you a general idea.

Thanx all. I made a bracket but the "look" was no longer doing for me. So I drilled a hole in the bottom of them and mounted them vertically on the reflector stud because they are much narrower this way and I'M HAPPY!! The mount is invisible and the lights are very streamlined and barely there too!!

image-3210667820.jpg

image-208813347.jpg

jphilipson said:
Are they LEDs or filament bulbs? Filament bulbs will not last too long in an unsprung location such as that.

I know you're right Bro but I don't ride at night much, too many Deer around here but was just looking for a little "filler light" for the few times I do. What concerns me more is something you once advised me on my last bike. The 55 watts these draw may put me close to my stators limit when running all my other gadgets. But I got a Datel Voltmeter for this bike too (per your recommendation) and I'll wire things up next weekend and see where it all ends up.
Thanx all and have a good week.

Most fog lights put out a wide beam so be careful it's not going to blind oncoming drivers with them being mounted vertical like that. They look good though..:thumbsup:

Back