WILL A 03 BUSA FIT IN A 2002 SILVERADO BED

03BUSABOY

Registered
I HAVE A 2002 SILVERADO WHICH IS CURRENTLY IN THE GARAGE WITH 2 BAD FRONT AIR RIDE SUSPENSION PROBLEMS. BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS A SILVERADO AND WILL THE BUSA FIT IN THERE STRAIGHT NOT ANGELED WITH THE TAILGATE CLOSED?? IF ANYONE HAS ONE OR KNOWS SOMEONE THAT DOES PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I CANT GET THE TRUCK OUT OF THE GARAGE YET TILL I FIX THE SUSPENSION AND I HAVE TO MOUNT SOME AIR TANKS FOR THE AIR RIDE IN THE BED. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE BEFORE I MOUNT THE TANKS IF IT WILL FIT STRAIGHT IN. THANKS. P.S. OH YEA ITS A STANDARD SIZE BED NOT A LONG BED
JAMES

W.O.W._05_007.jpg

Long bed will work....on a standard bed, which I think is 6' 6" your going to be about 4" too short. Why not leave the tail gate down
rock.gif

Don't know for sure, but I think you will be a little short with a standard bed and have to angle it.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109140374 -->

Short bed not work i have a 03 duramaz Crew cab with the short bed basically and it has to angle but if you have dual can's good luck then your probly need to leave the tailgate down with a long bed then no worries

If you go corner to corner (diagonally) I bet it will close. I used to do that in my Ford.

hmmm so a short box won't work?

anyone know how long the busa actually is?

I need to get this straightened out ASAP. I"m hauling my busa 600mi in a couple weeks and was figuring on using a shortbox truck with the tailgate down.
wow.gif

it will fit in a shortbox truck with the tailgate down

short box is 6 ft long and the tailgate is about 1.5-2ft wide.

Wheelbase: 1485mm (58.5 in.) = 4.875 ft plus about a ft for the radius of the front wheel and tire is 5.875 ft.

it will just fit barely but i'm glad it will work.
smile.gif

fst but rember your gona have to use a 2X4 or something in the front of the busa wheel so the front fender dose not smack the front of the box and bust i use a 4X4 block so i have no worries of the 2 by slipping out and crunch but thats what mostly hampers a person from getting the tailgate shut unless you plan to take off the front fender

Back