Fairings from China....

Slammin

Registered
How many people here have ordered fairings from China? I recently bought a set off ebay and my goodness does it take FOREVER to get here.:banghead::banghead: I am sitting at a month and a half and the most amazing March I have seen in years. This sucks to be sidelined while all my friends are out riding. Any other horror stories out there about these fairings? Please feel free to post them up God knows I need reading material for the next few weeks as I wait lol.:please::please::please:

Dude, I use too work for a company in Dallas at the airport. Things like that coming from china for whatever reason are held up before leaving China. Once the fairings do get here they may sit at customs for a week before they are released. I know you were wanting too save money but next time go through your local dealer it may cost you more but you could be riding in a few days rather than a couple of months

It takes a while dude. About a 3-5 weeks usually if it is the slow china post (USPS first class equivalent).

It is literally coming from across the world... :laugh:

oh well...its a mistake I cant take back now. It took them a month just to even ship them out...kept complaining about humidity and that the paint wouldnt dry. I will flip if it takes another month it is coming express mail so its not the slowest mail they have atleast

It took about 7 weeks to get mine. I can't complain because they look good, especially for the price.

01.jpg

Hmmm my buddy ordered two sets. One for an RC51 and the other for a 1000rr. Both full kits. Took about 2 1-2 weeks. He is not happy with the RC51 kit. That one will be returned. 1000rr kit looks more promising. New project for me this week to install them.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine were off ebay, took 3 or 4 weeks to receive. Fitment was pretty much spot on, but I did struggle with a few parts before I got them installed properly. No drilling, no modifications needed. The plastics don't bend as much as OEM, but for $600, they are spectacular.

The tank cover came in cracked, the seller shipped a replacement.

left.jpg

Dude, I use too work for a company in Dallas at the airport. Things like that coming from china for whatever reason are held up before leaving China. Once the fairings do get here they may sit at customs for a week before they are released. I know you were wanting too save money but next time go through your local dealer it may cost you more but you could be riding in a few days rather than a couple of months
The few pieces of broken plastic I've had to replace, I've always went with factory replacements. My bikes worth the extra money, and resale is better when the bike looks all factory and properly put together. Plus the factory pieces are WAY better than anything else you can get as far as quality and fit and finish :thumbsup: And if you shop around you can even get some decent prices :thumbsup:
That being said, if you had to replace ALL the bodywork on your bike I could see going with chinese plastic, you get a paint job and replacement bodywork all in one :laugh:

The few pieces of broken plastic I've had to replace, I've always went with factory replacements.

That's what I wanted to do, but even at discounted rate, the cost of one OEM side fairing is about the same as an entire kit from china. Its not about cost, it's about: what am I getting for my money?

I only found out afterward that they would also be able to modify the design/colors to my liking too. Maybe next time.

If I had to do it over again, I'd still opt for the china fairings. The paint is very well done on my fairings. If I went with OEM, the bike would look stock, which gets boring.

I payed 500 for a set from auctmarts on eBay, I bought the set on 25 feb and still havenot received them yet, I'm so pissed

I ordered mine the Sunday before valentines day.....I remember because I joked to my wife that it was my vday present to myself. I got my tracking number today. Don't know when they were sent though as the stupid number won't work....but I digress. They will be here soon hopefully and I'll be happy but meanwhile my baby sits naked and unusable. Just needed a place to vent because this sucks and yes every piece was unusable. I hit a deer smashed the upper and front, and broke the main mouning hole on the right, the left side was trashed side and rear. To replace all would cost a ton instead I payed 600 already painted, Oem is ridiculously expensive.
Oh well I'm rambling on sorry happy iing everyone

I am on my third set. First set was the best color on a busa I have ever seen! About 6 to 7 weeks to get... The end of the season I crashed... Ordered the same set again and this time the set was not as blue...had more purple in it when looking at an angle. Two weeks after order the earth quake in Japan all but stopped my order... 12 weeks total.. ( I have two bikes so I could still ride) end of last season I noticed cracks in the clear coat.... So I ordered a new set new colors ( blood red and a bright red + :) after 3 weeks they have been shipped.. This set I will also ceramic paint inside of panels to stop heat.... I have no problem with the wait they are worth it...

I ordered mine from motorfairings2009 on ebay took over 25 days due to Chinese New Year delay. I am totally pleased with how mine look. I did have a small crack in the tail section, fixed state side couldn't wait for replacement piece and they refunded me the cost to fix. No issues with fit, all went on smooth ass silk! Almost done, putting on new chain and sprockets this weekend.

mY NEW KING.JPG

Well from what i ve heard these fairings doo look good and are almost as good a fit as stock however their quality really takes a beating over time. Someone i know got one for his bike and within 6 months the faring started to crack and paint started to fade. Hope your hangs out alright.

Well from what i ve heard these fairings doo look good and are almost as good a fit as stock however their quality really takes a beating over time. Someone i know got one for his bike and within 6 months the faring started to crack and paint started to fade. Hope your hangs out alright.

If you drop your bike once (low speed lowside), you'll likely have damage to side fairings, nose fairing, tail area, fender, maybe more. At discounted OEM rates, you could still buy about 3 sets of china fairings.

Failure at 6 months sounds premature, but assuming you only get 1-2 years out of it, that's like getting brand new paint job for 3-6 years! That's pretty bad ass.

The only trick is to make sure you're buying from a vender that is verified to produce fairings that fit and don't have major defects.

Not to rub it in, but my plastics came in Saturday! Looked at invoice it was sent to the shippers on the 12th in Dongguan China. Got to me on the 17th that is 6 days.... I will not jack your thread .... Some things I have to talk to Motofairing2009.com about.... As a whole they look great.

Back