Went to the gun show today.. Bought a new flashlight...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, it is very seldom that I ever buy something that exceeds my expectations... I went to the local gun show in OKC today and there was a booth set up with all sorts of flashlights... I looked at several but decided on the Jetbeam BC40... It was bright in the gun show but you know it's hard to tell sometimes... I got home and it got dark and I kid you not this teenee tiny flashlight was like holding an HID in my hand.. Pure white light lit up my entire back yard... I was and am still shocked... I used to have Streamlight rechargables when I was on the PD and they were heavy and pretty bright but they have nothing on this new one.. It has a 1.5 hour operating cycle on bright and you can dim it down and get 11 hours.. Rechargeable batteries and aluminum case.... A lil LED is all it is... WOW

Anyone else have one?

LED Flashlight

I dont have one of those -Have around 6 surefires a few up to 300 Lumens - A few on firearms- hard to keep up with tech-and there are some awsome lights out there - These have served me well -I keep looking the Torch but battery life is a problem waiting to see how they fix that.

We sell one from Clearwater & it looks very similar to the one you linked to. $100 and comes with the same complete kit. It's all solid billet aluminum & 700 lumen in the palm of your hand. The new HPLED stuff coming out is amazing, and very low voltage draw. :thumbsup:

Clearwater Lights Flashlight - 700 Lumen | Fast Shipping | PashnitMoto.com

Dsc07060_1024.jpg

clearwater-led-flashlight-box.jpg

Dsc07060_1024.jpg

clearwater-led-flashlight-box.jpg

Sweet lights.. I just use the Surefire's I get issued for free.. usually bright enough to blind myself when I accidentally look at it.

I am a flashlight nut. I might have to look into one of these. The price isn't bad. I paid $130 for the tiny Streamlight LED on my duty belt. I have bought numerous ebay specials, some are actually pretty good and some are worthless.

Capt that looks like a really nice light. Can you adjust beam width like a maglite? Spot focus or wide beam?

Capt that looks like a really nice light. Can you adjust beam width like a maglite? Spot focus or wide beam?

No adjustments on light.. they do have different models though that have parabolic light that is fixed the whole beam.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If you bought it at Walmart - it's a just a flashlight - however since aquired at a Gun Show you are required by law - I think - to refer to it as a Tactical Illumination Device!!!

When I woke up this morning, I didn't have a single unfulfilled want. Not a single one.

Now I've got this burning desire to buy a flashlight I have almost no use for. :laugh:

Is it smart enough one can just leave the batteries in the charger, and the charger plugged in, or does one have to remember to unplug it after a period of time? I hate having to remember trivial things like that.

Thats crazy. Looks to be a 25 Watt LED in that flashlight. Those things are crazy bright

Nice light Cap.

The one below is my everyday carry around light. I originally bought one to mount on one of my AR-15 builds. Then I had to have another for day to day. Flashlights are a very underrated tool.

This one is only 500 lumen, but is compact.

Olight USA

When I woke up this morning, I didn't have a single unfulfilled want. Not a single one.

Now I've got this burning desire to buy a flashlight I have almost no use for. :laugh:

Is it smart enough one can just leave the batteries in the charger, and the charger plugged in, or does one have to remember to unplug it after a period of time? I hate having to remember trivial things like that.

The charger is smart and when the batteries are charged it turns the lane off and they just sit there. The light goes from Green = charging to Red = idle.... You can leave them in the charger forever I guess...

Back