AS promised......good luck!

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

busa4.jpg

busa5.jpg

busa6.jpg

busa7.jpg

Take off the stator cover and check the wires to the pickup coil and stator,i fought this problem for two months before i found broken wires going to my pickup coil,it would idle and rev fine,but put a load on it and it ran like crap,some days it would`nt miss at all and some days it ran like crap,i too replaced spark plug ,sensers,vacuums line ect with no luck...........hope this helps

I have searched and tried some things but no real luck. I am running out of ideas. I have a 00 Busa with about 60K on it Two Brothers Exhaust PCII Small Airbox mod and a BMC race filter. I dont think the mods are the problem because I have had them for some time and it ran beautiful. Last year I started having this issue. I replaced the plugs cleaned the air filter, Took the fuel filter out screens out of the injectors they all looked great but I took them out anyway. I had the TPS set the valves adjusted. I am at the end of my rope. At idle it will surge and kind of miss or something, but not all of the time. Sometimes when you try and take off putting a load its fine others it spits and surges, if you rev it up it seems like it cleans out and runs OK when it acts up. Under 3K it surges very badly. Not all of the time again but most of the time. Now I know fuel injected cars have open and closed loop for the computer to control the fuel. The bike runs much better when it is cold. Also the FI light has come on twice in the last couple years. Is there a way to check the codes like a car? Is there a closed and open loop fuel setting? I am considering having the injectors cleaned and set. Are there any other ideas has anyone found a fix for this as I have seen this problem before on the board. It feels like a half of a miss on one cylinder. Not a complete miss because you would really feel that. Please what ever you all can come up with for ideas. I love my bike and it has given me years of great dependable riding, but this is driving me crazy...

Check the pickup coil

i will check the pickup coil thanks...

So I turned the key on and cranked for 4 seconds. Then I plug a jumper wire into the 2 sockets. I dont get any codes it goes right to C00 and my TPS setting. I am going to set that and see if it is better. Am I checking the codes correctly? My FI light came on, I was expecting a code to give me a hint for the problem.

Ok so I didnt find any codes, but I did adjust the TPS and took it for a pretty good test ride. It seems like that fixed alot of it if not all. I will know better once I take it for an all day ride. It did seem to be better cold. I went 12 miles so it should have been warmed up. I am going to keep my fingers crossed. Now if I only had a old computer and a serial cable wire to connect my PC II up and put the map in. I am going to try the Belkin Serial to USB adapter. I called Dynojet and they said they had pretty good luck with them. Anhyone try one did you have good luck.

So after riding to work today and all around at lunch I would say it is 90% gone. I still feel a little bit around 3000 but thats it. Waaaaayyyyy better than it was. I am hoping a decent tune in my PCII will help. Time to hit the dyno and see. Thank you for all the help guys. I love this board.

Well with 60k on the bike I would think you would benefit from an injector cleaning and calibration.

Glad you got it all sorted out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok so I didnt find any codes, but I did adjust the TPS and took it for a pretty good test ride. It seems like that fixed alot of it if not all. I will know better once I take it for an all day ride. It did seem to be better cold. I went 12 miles so it should have been warmed up. I am going to keep my fingers crossed. Now if I only had a old computer and a serial cable wire to connect my PC II up and put the map in. I am going to try the Belkin Serial to USB adapter. I called Dynojet and they said they had pretty good luck with them. Anhyone try one did you have good luck.

I've used that cable before it works

I put 2 cans of injector cleaner through it pulled the screens out pulled the fuel filter out. I plan on sending them out to a place to ge them flowed and tested. I also am looking at some new coils to make sure that isnt an issue

OK I was wrong it is still there big and bad. I almost think my TPS has a bad spot. It is only in a throttle position its not really a RPM it happens when you try to cruise and it ends up being 3-4K RPMS. It is so annoying I stopped at a Kawi dealer to look at a new bike. It happened all of the sudden too it was not something that happened after a change. I hate it.... OK whine over I really loved my baby smooth acceleration it used to have. It was so nice

I put 2 cans of injector cleaner through it pulled the screens out pulled the fuel filter out. I plan on sending them out to a place to ge them flowed and tested. I also am looking at some new coils to make sure that isnt an issue

Has your bike ever had the injectors cleaned and calibrated? At 60k if it hasn't I promise you will have improved throttle response, idle, etc.....the last Hayabusa I had this issue with had 12k and I had the injectors cleaned and there was a huge difference.

I am not saying this is a fix all as I believe the surge is one issue and the cutting out may be another, but if those injectors have never been cleaned you will benefit from it.......

Cheapest easiest thing to do is find a friend locally with a busa and swap them and see....

I have put injector cleaner through them, but I know that is not the same as rebuilding or cleaning and calibrating them. There is a diesel place up here that does injectors and they said they would do it if they had the correct fittings or something like that to do them. It just seems like it was all of the sudden. I had taken it after it started had the valves done TPS set TBs synched but the TPS was so far off I wonderif the shop did any of it. Normally I do most of the work myself but I didnt have a monometer and shim and bucket valves suck if you dont have the kit to work with. I did pull the screens out of the injectors the fule filter out of the fuel pump all where very clean no crud at all. I replaced the plugs and checked for vaccum leaks. The reason I am thinking TPS is that it seems to have a very bad throttle position rather than a RPM if you get on it runs perfect its when you try and cruise or take off slow almost like you hit a dead spot in the TPS or a transition from one throttle monitoring device to another. I read somewhere the IAP??? or another sensor does the work until 11% throttle then the TPS takes over? What about when the engine is cold? It seems smoother then.

I still need some help with this thing. Its stilllll driving me crazy. I am now trying to upload a new map in my PCII but I get upload file incompatable when I try to connect. I really would like to do the 03 upgrade but I cant find anyone that has done it to give me a list of specific parts I need. I understand stator and ECM but what parts of the stator? Just the cup part that goes around the other parts? any pictures or specific descriptions so I can buy one off ebay or something would be great

I still need some help with this thing. Its stilllll driving me crazy. I am now trying to upload a new map in my PCII but I get upload file incompatable when I try to connect. I really would like to do the 03 upgrade but I cant find anyone that has done it to give me a list of specific parts I need. I understand stator and ECM but what parts of the stator? Just the cup part that goes around the other parts? any pictures or specific descriptions so I can buy one off ebay or something would be great

Have you tested the stator output, the regulator output?

No I am not even sure ow to check it. I am not even sure if when everyone is talking about for stator they mean the cup part or the winding part or the other side of the motor

i had almost the same problem, i checked everything on mine, fuel pump, injectors spark plugs, etc....it ended up being the power commander.

try unpluging the power commander and put it back to stock and see if your problem still there. i removed mine and the problem went away. not sure why my pc took a dump but now i have to get a new one..

good luck

im having the same problem so please let me know your remedy my vac sensor has one open hole in it from where the fuel pump was removed and upgraded to internal should this hole be blocked off or regulated really small? as for your codes c00 is a zero code means no FI pretty much try to get ur bike to throw the light with the plugg looped to get the code if all u get is c-00 the problem is else where i believe but again im having the same probs im no expert

Same issue with surging at constant throttle still. When I get some time next thing I am going to do is check pickup coil for broken wires and clean fuel filter and injectors . I check and tested resistance on all connectors I could think of all checked out good including stator and rectifier. Can you guys hear your fuel pump whine over the engine sometimes? I am getting no error codes so I don't believe its a sensor checked them anyway though.

Ya I hear the wine. And after opening up my starter gear covers and secondary everything got crisper on spud but probably bc I have the cleaning habit on pulling things ,... Might as well make then like new lol,.. I also find if I plug the line that went to my fuel pump thts part of the vacume system that it majorly back fires???

I came across this on google chasing a similar problem. Forgot my login info for the site though and i have a different email now. Anyway I saw no resolution and wanted to try to avoid chasing my tail.

I have very similar symptoms that happen frequently a d are intermittent. I suspected bad gas at first and a full tank of 93 octane seemed to help, but the problem would return and i think that was just a coincidence.

I tipped the bike over before this by pulling onto a slanted sholder and losing my footing, shut it off imediately though. I thought i may have put an unusual amount of oil into the crankcase and fouled the plugs, plus they're old. I'll do this, but i don't think that's the issue. Reading this, I also thought it may somehow be the tip over sensor, but i think mine has not worked for some time (bike definitely continues to run on it's side).

I also have a pc-2 (2001... Only option, i think), an aftermarket exhaust, and the airbox mod. My bike will not normally run in this configuration without the pc-2.
Someone asked above if you had tried to rrmove the pc-2 and run it. Have you? Or are you like me and require the pc-2 to run at all?

I highly suspect this is a pc-2 issue based on the fact that it is intermittent; you, me and the poster above had very similar, odd behavior from the bike; and you have been troubleshooting a bunch of other stuff.

I will see if/how my bike now runs without the pc2. If it wont run without it, i will undo the airbox mod and try again. I ride my bike, don't race much, so I have always regretted doing that mod. If that doesn't work, i need a new pc-2. I really don't want my bike to rely on hardware that is old, obsolete, and seemingly not exempt from failure. If these units need to be replaced,hopefully there is another option for the 2001 by now, but i'm not crossing my fingers.

Back