My wife is awesome

Chemmy

Registered
So short back story here, 11 years ago I had an 89 Mustang GT that was visciously taken from me in a drunk driving accident while it was parked on the side of the road. This was my first car that I paid for with my own money and I showed it as well as raced it.

Well after 11 years of searching, searching, maybe a little nagging :whistle:. My wife went out and bought me an 88 Mustang GT. It needs a little body work as it was hit in the front end right infront of the tire so no damage to anything except the front fender and front clip. Few engine repairs but they are mostly replacing the parts removed because of the accident. It will take a little work getting it back to normal or better and I look forward to working on it with my kids. :cheerleader:

So add that to my need to get back to the bike and now I REALLY cant wait to get home :laugh:

awesome :beerchug: Lots of fun stuff waiting for you when you get home :thumbsup: you gonna make this one into a show car or just a weekend toy?

Well for tight now the plan is to just spend some time working on it with the kids. My son has been really talking about wanting to do something (he is 5 btw) so it was a car or I had some other ideas in mind.

Although, some of the things it needs to be complete in the motor department will be replaced with some aftermarket upgrades :laugh:. The body will go back to original, and since it needs a new exhaust system from the engine back.....I think maybe something to add power plus a nice sounding rumble will do the trick. I am not going to rush it but it will be more of a relaxing cruise car. Maybe I will take it to a show or two, but not to compete just to show off. Just another thing to do with the kids. :thumbsup:

you know, a blower adds power, and awesome noise too. kids love noise.

That's awesome congratulations. I had an 86 i managed to blow up in less than eight hrs Haha. Hope its a fun project for you and your kids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

My first was a '91 GT (loved that car), the second was a '99 Cobra (I miss the IRS), my current is an '01 Saleen. The project has been going on for years. I changed almost everything in the performance department though.

Congrats on marrying a great one ! :beerchug:

My first was a '91 GT (loved that car), the second was a '99 Cobra (I miss the IRS), my current is an '01 Saleen. The project has been going on for years. I changed almost everything in the performance department though.

Congrats on marrying a great one ! :beerchug:

^^^^I will deffinetly agree with you. Yeah I have always had a love for the mustangs since high school. Thats why when mine got wrecked, I was devastated. There were other factors in it that I was unaware of at the time(to pissed) I sold it. So ever since then it is just something I always wanted back, and now having kids I get to have that special bonding time with whichever one or all of them when they help me out.

Thats cool man!
Don't forget to keep us updated on the transformation with PICS!!!!!:rulez:

Yeah sorry for breaking the :rulez:. I dont have any here outside of what she sent me and they are mostly close up pics.

now having kids I get to have that special bonding time with whichever one or all of them when they help me out.

I'm hoping my kids will get into it also. My stepdaughter is 8, my son is 2, and my daughter is 1. It will be awhile.

I have more pics to share than I can post on the org. Here is where I host them SALEEN Rebuild

Here is the cars pics off of the classified ad. It is the one with the white hood and banged up fender. Yes I know it actually looks worse then it is. My brother went with her to ask all the right questions, and to check out the durability and assures that it is sound. either way no matter, I am good with cars, and I am great with body work.

Just wish I had an inhome paint booth.:whistle:

Mustang.jpg

mustang1.jpg

mustang2.jpg

mustang3.jpg

The front clip/grill isn't stock on either, so they've both been hit before. Check for any hidden damage.

Hey, anybody interested in an 85 MUSTANG SVO comp prep? One of about 20 or so made,original owner with all paperwork,even original newspaper ad.
Original paint,show winner, street roll bar,mods galore etc,etc. Just thought I would throw this out there- will trade for a late model 1000 sport bike + or - cash. Saleen wheels sold a few years ago:moon: Pm if any interest?,pics :beerchug:

DSC01187.jpg

DSC09116.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

Back