New Owner

A little update on the goings on of the bike, still too cold here to ride most days and have been waiting on a few parts, so I've been tinkering about. I made up some fairing grilles out of black gutter guard and installed in all the vents. I also needed to do something with the windscreen, since the aftermarket one that was installed had a crack in it. The bike also came with the original one, so I just shot the inside of it with some black paint to give it a glossy black look through the plastic. Looks good for now, I may upgrade to something a little better in the future.

Here's a pic of the windscreen:
fairing.jpg

Also pretty well finished up with the undertail (I hated bolting a big ugly plate to it, but I decided against a sideways mount) I also finally got my new LED smoked tail light and installed it:

tailfar.jpg

tailclose.jpg

I have found that there is a huge gap between the stock fender and the light. This existed with the factory light as well, although I think it has gotten a bit worse with the aftermarket one. Is this normal? Seems odd to have such a huge gap. I am thinking of getting some black closed cell foam tape and using that to fill the gap. Ideas?

I decided to order a set of Roaring Toyz billet mirrors from the Pashnit site, just waiting for them to arrive. I love the look of these mirrors and decided to go for them, even though I started out looking for something a little cheaper..

Also still have a set of front smoked lenses showing up to replace the horrid facotry orange ones, waiting for some LED plate bolts/lights, a set of nelson riggs saddle bags and tail bag and a hump mod kit.

Haven't decided what my next addition will be, I would like a set of heavy bar ends and also need a throttle lock of some sort so I'm considering a throttlemeister. This seems kind of pricey for what it is, but it does kill two birds with one stone so that takes some of the bite out of it. What is everyone using for throttle locks?

Also considering helibars, but I think I'll wait till after a longish cruise or two to make my mind up about that.

Back