Clear Alterantives Integrated

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
I'm trying to install a Clear Alternatives tail light with integrated signals. I've managed to get it plugged into the right connector. (There are two connectors and a bunch of excessive wiring from previous owner and a botched alarm setup.) When the bike is on and plugged into the connector the tail light comes on as a running light. When I brake the whole board lightens but when I turn signal left or right the whole board blinks.

My question is what color of wires do the Clear Alternatives "yellow" and "black with yellow" splice to? I know "yellow" goes to the left and the "black and yellow" goes to the right but b/c of botched alarm setup my head's spinning :banghead:

I did this on my 250 Ninja and had to replace the turn signal fuse with an LED one. Same thing here?

P.S. I can provide pics if necessary but resolution is blurry.

Be patient someone will help .
I hope you get it figured out .
Pics would help even if they are a little blurry it may allow someone not so familiar to assist you .

Looks like everyone is having fun with these. I have issues where everything works (after I re did the wireing on the light, it was all backward) but now my led light kit blows fuses.

There is a greenish blue wire on the left that I wired mine into and a black/with white strip for the right. Hope that helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

The yellow and yellow/black wires tie into your turn signals as stated in the wiring diagram. Make sure that your lights work because I had 2 rows not working and Clear Alternatives wouldn't warranty the item. The customer service sucks big time. I even went thru Cycle Gear where I purchased the items from and they still wouldn't do anything. So I sold it and bought an undertail light system.

Ok s without pulling my tail section off I will try to help.

The 1157 bulb plug on the CA light board goes to one of the orginal light sockets. The yellow and the yellow/black is left and right turn sigs. Do i remember which is which? Sorry No, but ya got a 50/50 chance here.
Anyway those two will splice into one of the stock turn signal wires at the tail light. Trace them to the left side of the bike along the tail section where you see they will be connected to a small plug.
Make sure you are splicing into one wire only for each of the yellow or yellow/black wires. Sounds like you spliced into the same wire for both.

The dimming you have with the brake light seems to be an issue with the existing wiring since the brake portion of the CA board being a simple plug in should be a no brainer.

You will have to trace your brake light wire from the rear brake which is closest and see if there is a mix up there at the tail area.

Also sounds like if the whole board blinks ( red or Yellow?) that the botched wiring is your biggest problem.

On the bike:
Black is your Left turn
Light Green is your Right turn
Black w/White is ground wire.

White w/Black is brake
Brown is running light

Last edited:
Be patient someone will help .
I hope you get it figured out .
Pics would help even if they are a little blurry it may allow someone not so familiar to assist you .

Sorry, I'm ready to get back on her it's been awhile.

Looks like everyone is having fun with these. I have issues where everything works (after I re did the wireing on the light, it was all backward) but now my led light kit blows fuses.

There is a greenish blue wire on the left that I wired mine into and a black/with white strip for the right. Hope that helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

thank you busa186 I'll try and find those colors. I'll post a pic so you can see what I've got.

The yellow and yellow/black wires tie into your turn signals as stated in the wiring diagram. Make sure that your lights work because I had 2 rows not working and Clear Alternatives wouldn't warranty the item. The customer service sucks big time. I even went thru Cycle Gear where I purchased the items from and they still wouldn't do anything. So I sold it and bought an undertail light system.

REALLY! Hmm :please: I checked and everything is lighting up for the running and braking lights. :please:

Ok s without pulling my tail section off I will try to help.

The 1157 bulb plug on the CA light board goes to one of the orginal light sockets. The yellow and the yellow/black is left and right turn sigs. Do i remember which is which? Sorry No, but ya got a 50/50 chance here.
Anyway those two will splice into one of the stock turn signal wires at the tail light. Trace them to the left side of the bike along the tail section where you see they will be connected to a small plug.
Make sure you are splicing into one wire only for each of the yellow or yellow/black wires. Sounds like you spliced into the same wire for both.

The dimming you have with the brake light seems to be an issue with the existing wiring since the brake portion of the CA board being a simple plug in should be a no brainer.

You will have to trace your brake light wire from the rear brake which is closest and see if there is a mix up there at the tail area.

Also sounds like if the whole board blinks ( red or Yellow?) that the botched wiring is your biggest problem.

I didn't splice into anything. I just plugged in the connector that feeds off of the 1157 socket. I'll also post a pic of this.
On the bike:
Black is your Left turn
Light Green is your Right turn
Black w/White is ground wire.

White w/Black is brake
Brown is running light

AWESOME, this helps alot as you will see in my pics the wiring from previous owner is very maze-like. Let me go take those pics and post em up here before work.

Thanks everyone for the help.

You have to splice into the turn signal wires . They even provide 3m type tap connectors.

In the first pic you can see my setup the 1157 on the right side of the tail light with wires coming out of the back of it. On the left side of the tail light running along the tire are the "yellow" and "yellow black" wires. If you look in the middle of the picture you can see the "connector" I mentioned in my first post. This is the only connector out of two similar ones that will power the tail light. The other connector does nothing (?). On the taillight side of this connector there are 4 wires going into the connector (2xwhite w/ black stripe, 1x black w/ white stripe, and 1x brown). On the other side of the connector are 3 wires (1x white w. black stripe, 1x black with white stripe, and 1x brown). I have pics if necessary.

In the third pic there is a mess of wires spliced every which way. I took this one thinking someone might have some advice on removing this stuff.

The last picture is another mess of wires I can't even guess what they go to or do.

100_0958.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0963.jpg

100_0964.jpg

Ok, now I'm really confused. In rusheriv's post the "black" is the left turn and the "light green" is the right turn. How come hooked up like this my whole tail light board will flash when the turn signal is flipped left or right and there isn't a "black" or "light green"? I'm not saying your wrong rusheriv. In fact, I agree with you but why is it blinking when the turn signal is on if there isn't a "black" or "light green" wire?

Here's that connector one with 3 wires the other side with 4.

Looks like that's just brake and running lights. Hard to tell with the focus, but looks like the connector with three wires is coming from the bike and the connector with 4 wires is going to the lights. The White w/Black is split on the downstream side connector to feed both the brake lights.

Do you have the wires pulled back to the original harness? There's no telling what color wires were spliced in.

Last edited:
Okay, so I went and busted out the camera and tore open the bike ...
You want to get away from this mess
P1010314.jpg

Start back here with the original harness
P1010313.jpg

And find these three sets of 20 gauge (small diameter) wires. Ignore the typo and "X 2", there's only one ground wire in each group.
P1010312.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010313.jpg

P1010312.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like that's just brake and running lights. Hard to tell with the focus, but looks like the connector with three wires is coming from the bike and the connector with 4 wires is going to the lights. The White w/Black is split on the downstream side connector to feed both the brake lights.

Do you have the wires pulled back to the original harness? There's no telling what color wires were spliced in.

Using your post with the colors of each wire. I found the corresponding wires, which were each crimped together with two other wires, nevertheless when hooked up to the tail light both signals worked! Yes, you are correct the three wires are coming from the bike and no I couldn't tell what the original harnesses are because of the multiple bundles of electrical taped wiring.
Okay, so I went and busted out the camera and tore open the bike ...
You want to get away from this mess
View attachment 200049

Start back here with the original harness
View attachment 200050

And find these three sets of 20 gauge (small diameter) wires. Ignore the typo and "X 2", there's only one ground wire in each group.
View attachment 200051

Very nice. This is what i was going to ask for assistance with next. (removing the crap). Now my question is: can i remove everything except these three bundles of wire? I also have something attached to the left side of my sub frame that looks after market but it's welded to the sub frame with what appear to be original welds. It has several larger gauge wire running from it. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow. I've asked this before and was told to use a voltmeter, which I have. In all honesty I have no idea how to use that thing. :whistle:

Thanks again rusheriv for giving me those colors of wire. That made it quick and easy. Problem solved.

Back