Ahhh saved some money tonight

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I have a remote flash that I use with my Nikon camera.. About a year ago the flash stopped working and I was all bummed out about it because I used it all the time... I called Nikon and they wanted 50.00 less than a new one to fix mine, then plus shipping it just wasn't worth it so the flash has just sat around the house since.

When I run the laser on a project I have a lot of idle time and I can't leave the garage so I pulled that flash out and tore into it. I found that the flash bulb was broken so I unsoldered the bulb and pulled the numbers off it and started in on google. I ended up paying 13.00 for a bulb on ebay and it came in today. I soldered the bulb in place and in about 20 minutes total it was all back together for a test... I put batteries in and VIOLA it worked... So, it cost me 13.00 + 20 minutes of my time to fix something that Nikon was going to charge me over 250.00 for.....

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

I love the fact that you know what VIOLA is, and you know how to 1) spell it, and 2) employ it.

Nice! :poke: :rofl:

Oh, and congrats on that bulb thingey you've got going on there...

:beerchug:

Hey don't make me say it in front of everyone Mr. Spell******

That is so awesome Doug!

The closest I came to that is, I once had a 50mm lens that was jammed and I was dirt poor and decided to try to fix it myself. I took it apart on my Kitchen table and repaired it with no manual or internet, just dove into it (circa 1987)!

But I would never try to repair electronic stuff. I am the guy on Jurassic Park that just touches the computer and it go$&)*#&)Q*T_QN
//
Whoppps
See what I mean!!!!

good Job :beerchug:
Bubba

Just shows how rediculous companies are and how much they try to make a dollar
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice job, and even nicer flash! BTW, I love my SB600. SB800=baller!

What camera do you have, I want a couple more of the SB800 so that I can do timed flashes.... Maybe I can get some folks that are throwing their 800's away because its cheaper to buy new....

Cap...

I love the fact that you know what VIOLA is, and you know how to 1) spell it, and 2) employ it.

Nice! :poke: :rofl:

Oh, and congrats on that bulb thingey you've got going on there...

:beerchug:

Actually Mr. Spellchecker, it is spelled VOILA

Nice job on that, nice piece to just throw away over a simple bulb!

I have a new Canon EOS Rebel T1i SLR, 15 MP. It takes incredible pictures, I have the 18-55mm IS lens on it and it does the trick, but I want one of the big daddy lenses.

I paid 1k for it a few months ago when they came out, but I think now you can get them for around 700.

Honestly, I don't know 1/16th of what I should about the camera. I am sure in a professionals hands it would do wonders. I however, am not a camera professional :laugh:

Actually Mr. Spellchecker, it is spelled VOILA

Nice job on that, nice piece to just throw away over a simple bulb!

I have a new Canon EOS Rebel T1i SLR, 15 MP. It takes incredible pictures, I have the 18-55mm IS lens on it and it does the trick, but I want one of the big daddy lenses.

I paid 1k for it a few months ago when they came out, but I think now you can get them for around 700.

Honestly, I don't know 1/16th of what I should about the camera. I am sure in a professionals hands it would do wonders. I however, am not a camera professional :laugh:

I take pics about as good as I ride so that should tell you that there is a lot of room for improvement... I found a DVD on the Internet that was specific to my camera, it took about 8 hours to watch and they broke down every feature and some basic photography skills.

It was a big help....

CAp

What camera do you have, I want a couple more of the SB800 so that I can do timed flashes.... Maybe I can get some folks that are throwing their 800's away because its cheaper to buy new....

Cap...

I have a Nikon D70. It is a couple of years old, but hell, I have taken litereally thousands of pics with this and my two lenses! To be honest I still cannot use all of the functions on this "old" DSLR. I have thought about upgrading the body to a D90 or something along those lines, but I really don't see the need...Nikon RULES!!! :beerchug:

Captain-what do you have?

Back