Big winter project under way.

Hey there Greg
Well this build is going to be Dennis (Hollywood) Zainfield and I's build. He had been building racing engines most of his life and hold many world land and water speed reconds. I know he is a car guy but he and i believe that the motorcycle world could learn somethings from the car racing world. So we are going to see if we can build the world fastest open wheel partual streamlined motorcycle. Current recond 265.
Parts is what i will be paying for. Labor is going to be worked off by just working in his shop. Hour for hour. Not a bad deal. Im giving credit to all that helps us in this build with there knowledge or parts or everything. We want to do things a little outside the box of a normal turbo busa. Many have built big hp bigs but only one ever hit 265. So the challenge has begun for us. Let the monster be born:laugh:
I do want to Thank you for your help for the great tune job you did to my bike over the summer.

hey man...I can't do it for free..but I can help with parts some but that bike has to be tuned here and set up exactly as I say, nothing can be altered, so it ever fails its my fault..LMK Also you will run our one decal with no others...

Hey there Greg
Well this build is going to be Dennis (Hollywood) Zainfield and I's build. He had been building racing engines most of his life and hold many world land and water speed reconds. I know he is a car guy but he and i believe that the motorcycle world could learn somethings from the car racing world. So we are going to see if we can build the world fastest open wheel partual streamlined motorcycle. Current recond 265.
Parts is what i will be paying for. Labor is going to be worked off by just working in his shop. Hour for hour. Not a bad deal. Im giving credit to all that helps us in this build with there knowledge or parts or everything. We want to do things a little outside the box of a normal turbo busa. Many have built big hp bigs but only one ever hit 265. So the challenge has begun for us. Let the monster be born:laugh:
I do want to Thank you for your help for the great tune job you did to my bike over the summer.
Working on a new turbo myself...you should be in good hands for sure. I am still learning.

Its all a learning process that is for sure. Im a true beginner at the building end of this. Im just a good back yard mechanic. Do you know why the one way bearing housing off the crank for the starter is blue from the heat Greg? Or does anyone else know?? Dont forget if you need a rider Im your man.

The unit I pulled out of two others are blued on the outside...its dragging for sure. Going to rid all the drag I can during the re-build's. Not sure wehat can be done about the starter clutch.

Last edited:
Remember to get that trans done, undercut ect.. billet shift shafts all the goodies,once you start putting power to the bike the trans will give, It is a must when doing the mods you are talking about doing:thumbsup:

What, me, push the limits, NEVER. :laugh: I push the limits on a dirt bike 2 1/2 years ago and found out i should not make motorcycles fly. Bad things happen. I shattered L1 in my back. 10 screws and 2 rods later Im up and wakeboarding the lake. No lie 2 1/2 months after i broke it i was jumping the wake. Im a nut i know. But I will say Im a lot better on the street bike than I ever would have been on the dirt. WEll I will be incorporating the screws and rods in my bike for this build. I had them taken out last spring. Metal in you body is not good.

What, me, push the limits, NEVER. :laugh: I push the limits on a dirt bike 2 1/2 years ago and found out i should not make motorcycles fly. Bad things happen. I shattered L1 in my back. 10 screws and 2 rods.

He always fails to tell that he also broke his neck a few years earlier~!~

My scars may be bigger...but he's got more of em~!!~ :vuur1:

He always fails to tell that he also broke his neck a few years earlier~!~

My scars may be bigger...but he's got more of em~!!~ :vuur1:

You just have to tell all my stories dont you.:laugh: No my back scar is a lot bigger than you scars. WEll I have 9 lives and I got at least 3 left so im good. :whistle: Dont knock the need for speed too much you just might get a chance to ride it too. :beerchug:

Does any one know how to reduce the friction of the one way starter bearing on the crank that is blue from the heat?

Dont knock the need for speed too much you just might get a chance to ride it too. :beerchug:

Not knocking it at all...I'm right behind you all the way~!~ :thumbsup:

I'd take the same opportunity with mine in a heart beat...except you know I have other things to think about now...

I might even hit Dennis up for a few extra HP (just a few) once we get yours going~!~ :laugh:

I can't wait to take it to the strip, mile or quarter...time to go back to Bristol~!!~

BTW...if I do ride it I'm leveling it out at 225mph till I get used to it~!~ :rofl:

woohoo...good luck for your project. My old cranky bike needs some repairs too this winter. lots of stuff breaking down

Not knocking it at all...I'm right behind you all the way~!~ :thumbsup:

I'd take the same opportunity with mine in a heart beat...except you know I have other things to think about now...

I might even hit Dennis up for a few extra HP (just a few) once we get yours going~!~ :laugh:

I can't wait to take it to the strip, mile or quarter...time to go back to Bristol~!!~

BTW...if I do ride it I'm leveling it out at 225mph till I get used to it~!~ :rofl:

I know you arent knocking it. Well we are still trying to get the parts list together. We have learned that some things you dont have to do to the bike for lsr that is normally done for the dragstrip, but there are a few things that you do have to do that you dont for the strip.
Well it looks like we are junking the counterbalancer and getting the crack knife cut and balanced and haveing the gear cut off it for the counterbalancer. This only cost 250$
We are still trying to find the best but lightest rods and pistons out there. If anyone else has Ideas I would love to hear there.

lightest rods will always be from aluminum alloy unless you went waaay exotic. For longevity you might consider other materials. I think budget has alot to play with this.

I have not heard anything about the aluminum rods for motorcycles but heard that they last just as long in a car. Money wise from what i see they cost about the same.

Well my head finally came back today. Im hoping that the money i spent on it will be worth the investment. I had new valves springs cams put in. Here are a couple of pics of the winter project.

100_1305.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

Back