looking for a new chain for the busa

john32303

Registered
hi all,

I need to get a new chain and sprokets for the busa. sticking with the stock teeth and steel sproket. had the aluminum and it isnt my thing. so does anyone have any good recommendations for chains? i have heard about the zzz chain but i can remember who makes it and who has the best prices for it.

links and or phone numbers would be great.

thanks

hi all,

I need to get a new chain and sprokets for the busa. sticking with the stock teeth and steel sproket. had the aluminum and it isnt my thing. so does anyone have any good recommendations for chains? i have heard about the zzz chain but i can remember who makes it and who has the best prices for it.

links and or phone numbers would be great.

thanks

I'm looking as well. Mine is stretched beyond limits at 4,400 miles.

dang thought there would be more people on here posting. wow i thought chains lasted much longer than that. lol i would have to buy a chain every couple of months at that rate. i have a D.I.D. chain on my other bike and it is pretty sweet. lasted much longer than 4k miles. hoping to get close to 20k out of it.

EK ZZZ Quadra-X and JT Steel Sprockets

I got mine from Street n Track

Check with the sponsors before you buy elsewhere...EK makes the ZZZ chain...O-ring chains are great / necessary for street and for drag only you could get a bigger non-o-ring chain.

board sponsors :thumbsup:

:easy:

Now that was easy. :laugh:

displayimage.php

Check with the sponsors as they may carry it, but I use the Tsubaki o-ring chain, I bought it from APE. I have a turbo busa and drag race with this chain. I went the whole season with it with only one adjustment.

I used to use EK and RK DRZ and the ZZZ chains but I went through 2 per season.

I am currently using an APE front sprocket as I have their oversize billet output shaft and I use a Vortex rear sprocket.

EK ZZZ Quadra-X chain..im currently running the D.I.D. and happy with that but will use the zzz next +1000 on the supersprox

So, when the sponsors start responding, I have a 2009. I want a stock sized chain. I assume I need a 530 pitch and how many links? is stock 114?

So, when the sponsors start responding, I have a 2009. I want a stock sized chain. I assume I need a 530 pitch and how many links? is stock 114?

If I'm not mistaken the chain stock count is 112.
I got mine from Sprocket Center they had great price for the set and give you all the options you need. I always stay with stock sprocket numbers 17-40 for the busa I believe.

Stock sprocket setup on Gen II is 18/43 with a 114 link chain.
I agree on the Supersprox sprocket. Really nice piece-o-work. :thumbsup:
I just put on a new RK chain. It carried almost same part # as oem just is not gold.
Had to have the sprocket carrier powdercoated black to match the wheels although by now I think they are doing diff color carriers ?

In fact Uh duh.....I still have OEM Sunstar silver sprocket as well as OEM gold chain from when I changed things over. Both had 2400 granny miles on them. I only adjusted the chain once in those 2.4k and that is all it needed.
I don't think I ever really 'broke it in' ? The chain was cut off so you will have to get a new master link for it.
Send me a PM and make me an offer if that is the way you wanna go

supersprox.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 014.jpg

Last edited:
Back