Need help with wiring question....hopefully pics will help.

NuckaMan

Registered
I bought my Busa used. It came with an alarm system. While it works great, I do not know the brand/make or model. I've been searching high and low on the internet to see a similar variation of it with no luck. And yes, I have looked on the actual alarm system itself for any manufacturers signatures.

Well, in preparing for the worst, like the alarm system malfunctioning or me losing the only remote, I tried uninstalling the alarm system. While this is easy, getting the bike to work again is the challenge.

I have attached a pic that shows were the alarm system is spliced into the main wiring harness (in the tail section, past the battery/ECM area).

Basically, with the alarm removed, I'm left with 4 Black Leads that I have no idea were they are supposed to go. These leads were attached to the alarm system harness.

1 Lead is Hot (12V)
1 Lead is Isolated (no reading)
2 Leads is Ground

Attaching the Hot to Iso and Ground to Ground...I get the starter to spin the motor but no spark or ignition.

Any other combination of hook-up will lead to Ignition Fuse to blow.

The only other loose connector in the area is a White Nylon Connector that is currently open (never been attached to anything). This line is also Hot (12v) and if I attach the Hot lead to this connector, I get the same effect, starter but no ignition. Not sure were this connector is supposed to go.

I'm hoping by someone reading the description and looking at the pics, will know the correct hook-up.

I have reattached the alarm system so I can use the bike....once I get the know-how to remove and properly re-wire the bike, I will give it another go.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Wiring.jpg

Also, I have attached a picture of the Alarm Main Module and Remote....hopefully someone recognizes the make and model and points me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Alarm.jpg

Remote.jpg

There has to be a kill relay somewhere that you haven't taken out. I would take the bike completely apart and check high and low and see if there is something disabling something so that it won't start?

Follow those wires and look for a relay switch. If the alarm had the relay built in to it you may need to measure the resistance of the "ground" wires to see if they are truly ground. If the wires are ground they should have less than 2 OHM of resistance. If they have 40 OHM, 50 OHM, 400 OHM, etc. it is not a ground. If that is the case you will need to connect power to the wire with the higher resistance. The wire with no voltage or ground probably goes to a switched circuit, like a cut-off relay.

Back