Update on the cat count in our home

ibified

Registered
As many of you know, we lost our beloved furkid, Ibis, a couple weeks ago very suddenly. I still miss him terribly, but I need to share with you folks a great story of what has happened since.

I'll start by saying this:

And I truly do believe that God has a plan for all living creatures.

A friend of ours had a kitten at her house that she didnt really want to keep, because her house wasnt a good fit for the kitten. The kitten liked peace and quiet, and she has 5 kids at home ranging in age from 16 down to 4 yrs old. Plus she runs a daycare out of her home. Needless to say, kitten wasnt getting any peace OR quiet.

Enter, well, me. I've been over there a lot the past couple weeks because I've been building them a play set for the daycare kids. Also, because I don't have a job yet, and if i can help a friend, I'll do it. Anyway, the kitten ALWAYS came out of hiding when i was in the house, and just wanted to hang out with me. When it comes to me, this kitten LOVES to be held, petted, etc, whereas she normally hides when im not there. Ibis was the only cat of our 8 that liked to be held for any length of time, and my wife had gotten used to holding him while she cooked, cleaned, did dishes, etc.

Continuing on the story, my wife came over there and met said kitten and instantly fell in love with her. I did too, but had reservations about bringing another cat into the house so soon after we lost Ibis. We discussed it and decided we would at least get her to a vet to get checked out, because my friend couldnt afford to do so. Not that we really can either, but sometimes I think God just puts something in your path that you cannot ignore. That was the case with this kitten - we thought that our home would be a MUCH better fit for her. So after spending about $100 bucks we dont have to get her checked out and treated for ear mites, she came home with us.

I now introduce to you.....Belle: :welcome:

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0124.jpg

SSPX0136.jpg

Welcome home, Belle. We're glad to share our home and lives with you.

SSPX0121.jpg

SSPX0124.jpg

SSPX0136.jpg

By the way, Belle and I bonded over a chicken soft taco from taco bell. I wanted to call her "Taco", but we decided to call her "Belle" instead. :cheerleader:

Congrats man! We just picked up our own new member of the family today!!! Still haven't named her, but it needs to relate to either the Red Sox or the busa haha.

CIMG1612.jpg

CIMG1623.jpg

Congrats on da puddy! When you get that motor going,, there is no other more important sound in the world!

Last edited:
Cookie: You aren't kidding....and this one LOOOOOOOVES to purr...

likeapuma: Adorable little kitten you got there. looks a lot like my Tigger when he was a baby. here's tigger:

100_0759.jpg

100_0759.jpg

I love cats; I had two (sisters) for 18 years...but my wife is allergic so now we have...dogs....

Oh, congrats!!! She's so cute :)

I'm contemplating cat #4...there are so many in the area that need homes...it's tough to walk by 'em and not take 'em in *sigh*

Cute kitties~!~ Congrats~!~

Here's ours, we lost her about 6 months ago at 14 years old...

100_0918.jpg

Back