Thinking of a swap

BillD

Registered
hey guys, which one of these bikes is nicer on the eyes,
06 white/silv
or 04 red LE

th e06 has some mods, including stretching, mirrors, exhaust,
mine,, the 04 is stock with the exception of triple tree, and some minor cosmetics

was presented with a swap option, Im not a big fan of mods

IMG00121-20090719-1727.jpg

IMG00122-20090719-1727.jpg

IMG00106-20090710-1636.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

000_0694.jpg

The white one is very tastefully done, but if you don't mod your bikes you would probably hate the stretch.

TwoCents
Posted via Mobile Device

White One

If I were to get another it will be white, Or should I ever do a paint job it will be white, There just so clean looking and Chrome looks soo good on them.

As for the stretch, It will affect your ability to turn ( Somewhat ) in the twisties, But if your like me and only do the twisties every once in a while then the look you get on a stretched bike outweighs what you will loose. It will also keep that front end down on hard acceleration.

The white 'busa is exceptionally and very tastefully done, I'd go with the white. (What kind of exhaust is that?)

Micheal (DEMMYM) has a point on the stretch and I'm with him on the 'why for's'. I don't live in an area with a lot of twisties and also far enough away (couple hours) to really stay in practice, as I proved to myself about a month ago.

I'll put my '07 LE back together with the stretch still in it and decrease the upward grade in the 'learning how to carve' learning curve. Like he said, it can be done, but not nearly as simply, easily, and gracefully as stock wheel base.

Good luck and hope that helps! :beerchug:

Last edited:
taken from Ehow

Go for sexy red. This popular choice looks great on sports cars, but also can imply speed. Red attracts the notice of police and leads to tickets and accidents reportedly more than any other car color. Some insurance companies even increase your premium if you choose to drive a red vehicle, something to consider.

oh yeah, the o4 red has 1400 miles,, pristine,
the 06 has 7200 miles , owner says its super clean

well, I think Im gonna stick to my red, if the 06 were stock, with lower mileage I may have done it, so if any of you guys wanna swap out,, lemme know, Im open for suggestions,, why do I want to get rid of my red,, Well its simple, I m a technician at Ferrari, and ALWAYS see red,, I want something different,
FYI the bike is flawless, mint, mint mint perfect, with 1400 miles,, I got it from a guy who just didnt ride it and it was kept in the garage, Im looking for a different color, if not Il make the ultimate sacrifice and keep her,,lol:thumbsup:

I would go with the white. For a 2006, 7200 miles is not that much. Plus, the '06 is going to be worth more if you had to sell it.

The white 'busa is exceptionally and very tastefully done, I'd go with the white. (What kind of exhaust is that?)

Micheal (DEMMYM) has a point on the stretch and I'm with him on the 'why for's'. I don't live in an area with a lot of twisties and also far enough away (couple hours) to really stay in practice, as I proved to myself about a month ago.

I'll put my '07 LE back together with the stretch still in it and decrease the upward grade in the 'learning how to carve' learning curve. Like he said, it can be done, but not nearly as simply, easily, and gracefully as stock wheel base.

Good luck and hope that helps! :beerchug:

TiForce.....good stuff :thumbsup:

TiForce.....good stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks, T! But is that also the little shorty pipe in the last pic of the white one? I've been looking at the Brocks for quite awhile, especially the baffled Alien Head in black. I'm kinda in to the 'clean' look of equipment without all the name/logo graphics. The shorter exhaust has the Alien Head look but very clean...kinda cool! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

You would be surprised at how few Red 04 LE I've actually seen.....it's elusive, that makes it desirable ...besides, you build it the way you want. I like the 04'.....

I do have a soft spot for the 06' but in this argument, 04 hands-down !!!! :super:

Back