Saturday ride with Ride or Fish

Relsek

Registered
My friend Steve and I left Lakeland about 7:00 am, went east to Haines City and rode down the "ridge of Florida" if you can call it that. Florida does have a ridge down the middle, although it is only about 400 ft above sea level at it's highest point. We rode down a two lane highway through small towns like, Waverly, Lake Wales, Babson Park, Frostproof and Sebring. Just south of sebring we met up with Paul (ride or fish) from the hayabusa group.

Here is our first gas stop, just before Sebring.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095558260 -->

DCP_0098.JPG

Met "Ride or Fish" at about 9:30. We had just located a town on the map and decided to meet there. With only a few buildings in this little town he was not hard to find. That is him standing in the picture.

DCP_0103.JPG

We decided to circumnavigate Lake Okeechobee. We started at the top and worked our way counter clockwise. On the way to the lake, Steve found the max speed of his R1 and Paul and I were both still pulling ahead.

DCP_0106.JPG

We stopped for gas in Clewiston, my butt was getting sore by this time. That is a big lake.

DCP_0107.JPG

Cool palm trees line the road. The piles of brush on the side of the road are from Hurricane Frances.

DCP_0111.JPG

After going around the lake, Paul went east and we went west. We ended up in Myakka City for the next gas stop and butt break.

DCP_0120.JPG

That was the end of the pictures, we rode back north to Lakeland, ate dinner, and there you go.

biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Great ride. There's nothing like getting out of the house and hammering down the open roads with cows for an audience.

Back