7x16 V nose - is it big enough for 4?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking at a 7x16 Vnose and would love to have it setup to haul 4 bikes on occassion but more like 2-3 typically. I'm positive it can do 3, my question is can it do 4 and some gear in the V area?

Also, assuming its worth upgrading to the IBeam frame from the heavy duty tubular stuff? Any other things I need to make sure I get? Are rear stabilizers critical? How hard are D rings to put in?

Brian, I have a 6' x 12' v-nose. The V adds 2 ft - so it's 14' to the tip of the V. Anyway, I can get 3 in there. One in the V and two at the back. Plus there is still room for gear.

Hope that helps...

Cool Thanks :beerchug: I'm thinking that since even the new 08+ (which is 2.1" longer than 99-07) is 7'3", I was hoping that I could put them in side by side, kinda like in the busa hospital, though without *as much* room up front left over. The V on this one is 2'9" long so figure it will get me a decent amount of room up front, was more concerned with tie downs, etc. Not sure I will have a baxley for all the bikes I'd haul.

since I currently only have one bike, mine is going to be awfully lonely in there for a bit :whistle:

I use Baxleys for the two in the rear, side-by-side. But the one in the front *HAS* to be ALL the way in the nose...so a Baxley was out (the stabilizer feet prevent the Baxley from going all the way into the V) So, I have one of the $40 Harbor Freight chocks that will allow the 3rd one to go all the way into the nose. As for side-by-side. My trailer is 6' and two Busas will easily fit side-by-side. Hal's Busa Hospital is an 8' x 20' and there is plenty of room in the front of his for gear...plus he allowed room in the back to haul Noodle's stretched Busa...

Is yours 16' to the tip of the V or 16 and then the 3' V?

I havent bought it yet ;) but I'm looking at a 7x16 + the V I really dont want to get something as big as Hal's since I wont really be hauling that much stuff very often ...though I am sure, just like when I got a truck, I will have friends coming out of the woodwork "oh hey, can you hang out today and bring your trailer we need to do X" :laugh:

Omars right my Brother.. My V can haul two busas and the wifes gsxr750 with plenty of room for gear. As to four bikes I would say no IF the 17' is counting the nose area. Is this a tandom axle trailer, cause with that much weight your going to need it.

Oh, and the Condor Chock will fit perfectly in the nose of a v trailer... Sorry Baxley :poke:

well its a 7x16 box with a 2'9" v out in front of that. I'm hoping I can get 4 in there but if not, eh, I dont own four currently :whistle:

I was thinking two configurations: 2x2 two deep or one in the nose, side by side + one nosed between the side by sides.

Hoping that they would line up side by side two deep but wont kill me if they dont. I looked at a 7x18 box + 2'V but that just seems silly and I'd wind up with a 8.5x20 or 24. I just dont have a place for something *that* big and really cant justify it :whistle:

Sonny you going to the stampede? Thought more about the other ride we talked about?

Last edited:
Really Really Wanna go to the Stampede... But, that trip is in my bosses hands... With layoffs and all I can't afford to rock the boat at work. What stinks is I have over 230hrs of vacation/sick leave left this year. After looking at your latest post I'd say yes you can get the four bikes in that trailer depending of course on the type of bikes you take. But, a single axle trailer is going to really be loaded down carrying that load.

I hope you can make it, should be an amazing ride :cool:

And I'm definitely going dual axel, something like this could be in the cards :whistle:

18487.jpg

You can get a alot more room 7x20 (4 bikes no problem), I have a 7x16 Config is 1 bike centered up front and 2 side by side in rear, config that way for compressor & tools etc. There is only about One foot from the rear tire to the Rear door of the trailer.
Config 2 side by side front and back wont leave you any room for Equiment.
If you get the 7X20 you have 4 more feet of useable space.

Loomis.

I havent bought it yet ;) but I'm looking at a 7x16 + the V I really dont want to get something as big as Hal's since I wont really be hauling that much stuff very often ...though I am sure, just like when I got a truck, I will have friends coming out of the woodwork "oh hey, can you hang out today and bring your trailer we need to do X" :laugh:
we used a 16 foot strainght trailer to haul 3 bikes to the bash...double axle and it bounced around so much (and you all know) my kidney stone worked lose and put me in the er...lol need a stiff truck to haul that much wieght around
there was however 2-3 feet of unused space in the nose and 2 feet in the back..as we put the middle bike back inside the 2 rear ones(rear tire with front tires) as for the (D) rings you can see me instaling them, large wood screws into the floor every 4-5 inches and nothing is moving...you can put them in the side instead of the floor put have better angle's using the floor...we wanted to run one down the middle as you can see tieing the rear bikes down was tricky but only had 24 feet of the channel

gap (1).jpg

gap (2).jpg

gap (12).jpg

gap (16).jpg

gap (18).jpg

gap (24).jpg

Last edited:
I have a 7 x 16.....too and a scooter it is tight.

Last edited:
on a side not those of you that met my friend Troy R6 at the bash..his family own Fenders in Elkhart Indiana...which make ALL of the trailer fenders for all trailers, around the country... so if you dent one up let me know!

cool, thanks for the pics and info :cool:

I'm pretty sure it will tow just fine behind one of the trucks, we hauled a 8.5x20 snowmobile trailer down to the bash and it was fine. I would imagine that trailer doing some tail wagging the dog with that little jeep :poke: :laugh:

I get the following bikes in a 7x16 enclosed for track days: 08 Busa, 08 SV650, 05 R1, and 04 ZX-6. Had room to spare for all our gear also. So yes, its large enough for 4 bikes.

Brian ,With chocks you should be able to get four in there with a 16'. I have four feet in front of the bikes for the tool box, generator and compressor. The 8' wide is nice though, and I really recommend one with a 6' 6" inside heigth.

post-6-50302-CIMG2992__Small_.jpg

post-6-50484-CIMG2988__Small_.jpg

I plan to finish putting things in place in my 7x16 v-nose so that I can haul 4 bikes (when needed). Measured it out and there's enough room.

well I ordered it today :cheerleader: I'll put up a thread once I get it... should be on the 20th :thumbsup:

Back