Muzzy installed

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
Well after some small technical difficulties I got the system installed. It actually went rather smooth with no major problems. From start to completion less putting the plastic back on about 4 1/2 hours. So far I love the sound and cant wait to get it all back together and get a break in the weather to road test it.

And of course, pics of it on sitting outside the garage during the fire up stage.

IMG_0982 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0983 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0984 (Medium).JPG

+1, had a full Yosh RS-3 installed at 900 miles till 1800 miles, then switched to a Full Muzzy Ti. pull was harder from mid to way up top:thumbsup:Then switched maps and was even better:laugh:

I'm running a power commander on it, I haven't had time to download a new map yet though. I'd really like to find someone around my area that is really good with building custom maps :laugh:

Thanks for the input, I had wanted a full yosh system but couldn't turn this one down for the money. I know it definitely sounds better than the carbon fiber slip ons I was running. From what you are saying it sounds like circumstances made the better choice for me. :thumbsup:

you don't need a power commander for just a pipe...

Look into some decent packing, muzzy packing sucks and you will burn through it in no time...

you don't need a power commander for just a pipe...

Look into some decent packing, muzzy packing sucks and you will burn through it in no time...

I'm no expert on the matter but I installed my carbon fiber slip ons before my power commander. I immediately noticed a hesitation on the low end after installing the slip ons. I rode it this way for a month or so and the hesitation was always there. I installed a power commander, downloaded the map for the carbon fibers and the hesitation immediately disappeared never to show its head again.

You may not need it, but I know it sure doesn't hurt to have it. :beerchug:

The Muzzy sys weighs in at a whopping 17 lbs, did not do the math but... the stock sys weighs about 112 lbs so thats a savings of 314 lbs. I think the bike is actually bouyant now...(Yeah I know wife won't let me touch the check book any more)...:thumbsup:

The Muzzy sys weighs in at a whopping 17 lbs, did not do the math but... the stock sys weighs about 112 lbs so thats a savings of 314 lbs. I think the bike is actually bouyant now...(Yeah I know wife won't let me touch the check book any more)...:thumbsup:

sounds about right for the weight on the Muzzy system. My package, which included box and packing was 20lbs. The rest of the math is up for discussion. :whistle:

I just went out and weighed most of the stock system using a postal scale.

Both stock midpipes together were 7lbs
Each stock can was 6 3/4 lbs

That is a combined weight of 20 1/2 lbs for just the stock midpipes and stock cans. That's already more than the whole muzzy system before even weighing the stock header. I've already stored my header or I would've weighed it as well. Either way, it took a few lbs off.

I'm running a power commander on it, I haven't had time to download a new map yet though. I'd really like to find someone around my area that is really good with building custom maps :laugh:

Thanks for the input, I had wanted a full yosh system but couldn't turn this one down for the money. I know it definitely sounds better than the carbon fiber slip ons I was running. From what you are saying it sounds like circumstances made the better choice for me. :thumbsup:

Even the base maps at the Dynojet site will make a big difference, if the price was right, that makes it that much better:thumbsup:

Back