Muzzy Fan

CorrodedAlien

Registered
I just installed the Muzzy replacement fan. I got it from parts411.com, they seem to have some of the best prices I can find on most things...

I did the fan swap while changing the oil, Why you ask... I take the right lower off when changing the oil and since it was up on the stand, I took off the left lower as well. I was able to unbol the 3 fan housing fasteners but could not take the assy out. To remove it I unbolted the upper radiator mounts and flexed the radiator to pull the fan assy out. The Muzzy comes w/ simple instructions, the main thing is trimming the gasket they give you. It looks like a piece of linolium flooring. Cut it, place it and the new fan on the motor, screw it down and put the bike back together.

When new fan comes on it is much more powerful and louder. You can really feel the difference too.

fan_parts.jpg

Got mine off E-bay for 38 bucks shipped. The added bonus is that it's been chromed. It really pulls the temp down quick when it cycles.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121951074 -->

Muzzy_Fan.jpg

I think I am going to have install one of these on my next oil change. Is it pretty easy to install?

Back