Rolled off the kickstand at 'mile-high'

ericyow

Registered
So on my FIRST 500+ mile day, she rolled off the kickstand. I almost threw up! I rode from Clarksville to Knoxville (about 200mi), sat 6hrs in a law seminar, rode to the Dragon, tamed it mercilessly (ok, not really, but still rode pretty hard), then hit the skyway to make the 'long way' home. At the 5235' sign I pulled over to take a picture. I got 15' away and right as I took the picture, she hit the ground! I'm SUCH a MORON!!! It wasn't hardly an incline so I didn't take the time to stop the engine, put it in gear, and THEN get off. I just left it idling, walked away, and bam. Fortunately for me, I had my headphones in and didn't have to hear the worst sound in the world (plastic hitting asphalt).

(sigh)

So, anybody know where I can get a clutch lever cheap?

IMG00076.jpg

IMG00077.jpg

IMG00078.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00080.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00083.jpg

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

Oh man, I feel for you!!! I know just how proud you are of her too! I actually have developed a habit of giving my kickstand an extra kick once I think it is all the way down just to be safe. I am really sorry for you guy!

Looks like now would be a good time to get some Pazzos , sorry to hear about the spill

Not that anything is funny about this at ALL, but it is kinda odd that I snapped the pic just as she hit the ground. Sucks.

The carnage is almost unbearable..... Lessons like this are some of the hardest to stomach! On the plus side, if your going to rash your bike at least doing it this way spares you from the same fate!

I feel really bad for you. I don't know if the gen1 and the 08 busa uses the same levers. Anyone out there know for sure? If they are the same, I have a spare in the busa hospital you can have, just send me a PM with your shipping addy and it will be on the way. Sorry for the damage to your baby.
sad.gif

I feel for ya dude, sorry to hear about your 08 busa. I have an 08, same color. It seems a lot of people on this board are dropping their 08 busas. Remember most accidents can be avoided, just use your common sence.
You say,"why did I or I shouldent have, I diddent think it was that much of an incline when i put my kickstand down", well why did ya....

I feel for ya dude, sorry to hear about your 08 busa. I have an 08, same color. It seems a lot of people on this board are dropping their 08 busas. Remember most accidents can be avoided, just use your common sence.
You say,"why did I or I shouldent have, I diddent think it was that much of an incline when i put my kickstand down", well why did ya....
Not to be an a-hole or anything, im just tired of hearing of people f-ing up their 08 busa's.

I think this was the shot you were after  
poke.gif

DSCN1899.jpg

Sorry to hear about your drop, but at least you got to ride some of the best twisties on the east coast  
cool.gif

Back