More power at 1k miles

04 Limited Busa

Registered
I just got back from a ride and the Busa feels like a different bike. I don’t know if it now broken in or what, but 3 different times the front wheel left the ground unexpectedly on take off. I have hit it that hard before, but today it was a different animal. Almost felt like as it hit the 1k mile mark, the computer unleashed a beast.

I think you are learning how to ride it. Even though the Busa has the most forgiving powerband of any bike I have ridden, the beast lies above 6K rpms. Keep it there and she is a handful to keep on top of. if you come out of a turn at 3-4K in say 3rd gear, the bike is impressive but pretty passive. But hit the apex at 6K in 3rd and all hell is going to break loose when you nail the throttle. Completely different bike. I think you just got comfortable on the bike and have found the beast powerband.

I think you are learning how to ride it. Even though the Busa has the most forgiving powerband of any bike I have ridden, the beast lies above 6K rpms. Keep it there and she is a handful to keep on top of. if you come out of a turn at 3-4K in say 3rd gear, the bike is impressive but pretty passive. But hit the apex at 6K in 3rd and all hell is going to break loose when you nail the throttle. Completely different bike. I think you just got comfortable on the bike and have found the beast powerband.
Could be. All I know is I don’t remember my old Busa running like that, even though it was a monster too. I still think this thing has loosened up a bit from new. I do remember my old Busa felt like a missle at xx on a back road in 4th gear, but this thing is an animal out of the hole. I might have just hit it harder than usual and it has been months since I have been on it due to the constant rain.

Last edited:
Back