Garmin Nuvi Portable Navigation on the Busa

FACE

Registered
I'm tired of having to pull over and look over my hand written directions. I bought a portable navigation(Garmin Nuvi)--4" x 3" and I want to secure it somewhere visible on the Busa when I ride. I was thinking of using velcro with the adhesive back to place on the tank. And then place the opposing velcro on the back of my Navi system. Will the adhesive damage the paint should I decide to take it off? I'd prefer a stronger more flexible method of securing. Any better ideas on how I can secure my Navi to take on and off at will? If you have done something similar please post pics. Thx!! I'm semi new to the streetbike world so please excuse my naive questions...

Let me snap a couple of pics and you can see what I did... This is the best way I have seen to mount GPS. Give me few minutes.

RAM mounts makes a cradle for the Nuvi and several different mounting stems With their cradle, you can easily remove it.

http://www.ram-mount.com

Cap's setup is similar to RAM's...

You could also get a Tech mount stem stand and use velcro. Or perhaps the RAM mount cradle fastened to the tech mount.

http://www.techmounts.com

A couple of options for you.

Techmount is the way to go.

(edit) That's funny. when I first posted this it was the first reply, then cAp and Oms come along and suddenly it gets bumped to third. Not very nice fellas.

I am a little embarrased to post this picture.... I parked the bike at work today and the sprinkers came on and got the bike good and wet then the Oklahoma wind blew some good ole fashioned red clay on there. I came home and snapped these pics and wow is my bike dirty......

Either way here are a couple for you...

cap

gps_bracket.jpg

Here is an article that I did on the stem stand (techmount) before they were techmount... this had to be back in early 2000 when I did this article... You can tell by the phone I was carrying then....

cap

Stem Stand Review

I'm lovin this Board already. You guys are awesome. Appreciate the recommendations: Captain- What kind of mount are you using in the pictures?

That looks like the Garmin motorcycle cradle for the Zumo, mounted to a RAM steering head mount.

That looks like the Garmin motorcycle cradle for the Zumo, mounted to a RAM steering head mount.
professor hooked me up with a 9 dollar 1 inch ball that goes through the steering head. The rest of the mount came with my GPS... You can buy them from garmin .... let me find the links...

cap

Professor found the old link... here is the ball that will go right through the steering head.

GPS City

They also have all the other hardware that you can get to make it bolt right up...

Last edited:
I have a Garmin Nuvi 760 and I have been using the suction mount with no problems. I might be crazy, but I have put over 300 miles with it on the Busa. I mount the suction just behind the gas tank and it sticks well. Call me crazy or stupid, but I feel pretty confident that it wont fall off. if it does, I will just buy a new one.
banana.gif

Professor found the old link... here is the ball that will go right through the steering head.

GPS City

They also have all the other hardware that you can get to make it bolt right up...

Am I glad to see this! My Zumo is currently mounted using the handle bar mount system that came with it. Yours is so much better. I will be changing as a result. Thanks for posting this!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Techmounts (stem and handlebar) with the quick release. The GPS has the Ram mount cradle, the tech mount connects to with ease.

GPSsetup2post.jpg

Back