Look what I did to my Gauges

Thanks Gixer for pointing out that the '99-'00 were different. I didnt know that.

I love the new look. At night it just makes things easier to look at. It was worth it no doubt. I'm not sure on the '06 model. I would think that they would work but i'm not sure. But surely you could make it work, Im not sure what would be different as far as the cluster goes between the '02-'07.

Thanks guys
Ram

Does anyone know what the correct leds for a 2000? I am looking for some blue and whit leds...The look is awesome. Wouln't mind trying it if the weather gets shitty again. Thanks

Does anyone know what the correct leds for a 2000?   I am looking for some blue and whit leds...The look is awesome.  Wouln't mind trying it if the weather gets shitty again.  Thanks
after seeing the spec of led,
bascially u need a package smd led that is 3.5mm by 2.8mm
as long as the L X B is correct it shld fit the next is how bright you want it.

the one on eled is having abt 250mcd i got a web site that give 350mcd for the blue led.
but got a moq. thus a "grp" buy would be good if you dun need so much blue or etc.

You mean b/c it's all the way up. That was just with the key on, once I start the bike up it drops all the way down then slowly creep up as it heats up. Never above half.

what if ya put in white or red LEDs for the ones marked in red here, that should leave you with bright red needles i'd think. I'ma try it once I get my solder wick. Ordered it on ebay couple days ago.
gaugeboard.jpg

I just used a flathead screwdriver. Went back and for from side to side until it finally popped off. Took quite a bit of force though.

I think if anything it might just give ya a reddish haze in the blue of the numbers

Did the mod all 26 blue leds and 4 whites for the clock(which is now broken). The color is perfect and totally visible at night with no problems. The needles have a slight redish color on mine. Which i dont mind at all. The needles a ***** to get off, didnt realize all that force was needed. Thanks WHITEBUSA!!

do you have video or a pic of em? I'm worried my needles won't be bright enough

Back