Long Island guys

its cold ! bash is comin quick! 32 heatwave! i need a little warmer than this 12 inches of frost isnt goin anywhere fast
all_coholic.gif

(PDBusa @ Feb. 08 2007,20:29) Is anyone else from LI besides JohnStein and I heading to Bash? You guys all frozen? May hit 32* tomorrow. Who, besides John, is going riding?  
bowdown.gif
Me thinks that is too long of a ride for me. How many miles? and how long to get there?

14 hrs with pdbusa drivin , of course if we had not been pulled over in three states we might have made better time !
SHOCKED.gif

(johnstein @ Feb. 08 2007,22:40) last year we stuck the bikes in a van and blasted down , was a blast !
Wonder if I can get my bike in my Tahoe?
Not!!!

(frisbee @ Feb. 09 2007,00:23)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 08 2007,19:06) I dont have a seat, sent out to tobin!
Hope you ordered the back rest ! It is hella  comfortable!!!
Yes, Backrest, Dull leather with carbon flames, coupple of kanji's and gel upgrade!

(johnstein @ Feb. 08 2007,22:18) 14 hrs with pdbusa drivin , of course if we had not been pulled over in three states we might have made better time !
SHOCKED.gif
Considering I had to make up time due to the... ahem... navigational error made by my co-pilot(when he was awake) I'd say we did pretty good. I think we'll be able to cut some time off this year by taking the correct route.
biggrin.gif

2Quik is heading down from Yonkers, he may have a large trailer as well. I can get a 18-20' box truck with a lift gate but need at least 5-6 bikes to make it cost effective with tolls/fuel/etc.. If there are enough of us, I'll drive that down.

Hey PDbusa looks like you and a bunch of guys from our area are going to the busa bash im sure your real busy planning for that but you going to put some more local day trips together this season
its starting to get nice again !!

Absolutely, but today reminds me of last attempt at "off-season" ride just a little cooler. Temp 13* winds 25mph gusts to 45mph. NICE!

Going to be tough season seeing as I am scheduled to work most of the weekends.

Would like to get rides to;
- Vanderbilt Mansion as planned last year
- Any old forts,castles,or mansions along Hudson River or Gold Coast of LI
- O.C.C

Personally I like to have a destination. 2Quik is our "Upstate destination guide" and has done awesome with ride planning!  
super.gif

(PDBusa @ Mar. 06 2007,10:22) Absolutely, but today reminds me of last attempt at "off-season" ride just a little cooler. Temp 13* winds 25mph gusts to 45mph. NICE!

Going to be tough season seeing as I am scheduled to work most of the weekends.

Would like to get rides to;
- Vanderbilt Mansion as planned last year
- Any old forts,castles,or mansions along Hudson River or Gold Coast of LI
- O.C.C

Personally I like to have a destination. 2Quik is our "Upstate destination guide" and has done awesome with ride planning!  
super.gif
I'll go on the local rides, however I cant see trucking my bike to the bash and it is just a lil too far to drive the bike! Maybe when I have more saddle time vested in to this bike I will be able to go that long! Hope all that are going to the bash a safe and fun time, ride safe ladies and gents.

Hey PD let me know when you come up with the dates for the local rides, Hit me up with a PM
Thanx!

I just saw this thread. Thought I missed some LI planning already. Keep me posted also. The Bash is too far for me. Local stuff or semi upstate is fine. Vanderbilt is great. Out east is great!! All sounds like fun! I will keep my eyes open for this post. PM me if I am sleeping and miss the responses or dates please. Thanks fellas!! PD if you are busy on weekends maybe some guys would go during the week. I have no idea of others schedule but I might be able to during the week also. Have a great day guys!! Stay warm!!
beerchug.gif

I'm off on weekends and during the week, Oh wait I dont work lol
wow.gif
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif

all my favorite destinations have to do with food or gambling I've had nice trips to philly (pats for cheese steaks ) or Atlantic City. 3 times last year i rode down with my wing man on a zx 12 made 1 bet 20 bucs on 14 and rode back home . I love riding on the garden state parkway ! It may be to far for you long island guys but just a thought .

cant you get to foxwoods from long island pretty easy i think there is a ferry involved though .

either way ill be up for anything you guys plan

"I love riding on the garden state parkway ! "

i was on the gsp a few times last year on the busa its great ! doin 100mph+++ and still getting passed !
biggrin.gif

it was kinda like having a" radar decoy"

Back