Worth the wait!

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
It is not an understatement for me to say that my most amazing friends can be found here. Some of the things that go on between us most "normal people" wouldn't believe. This site and the members have been fantastic to me, and I wonder what I could have possibly done to deserve it. Let me share with you a story... I promise, this one is not about my hetero life-partner Omar...

Back in April 2008, at the Spring Bash, we were doing our Moderators ride. Now, I don't say that it was moderators only, I just mean that usually once per Bash all the Mods who were there would pick a ride and all go out. On this particular ride, as I recall, we ended up at some combination fast food place. One of my good friends had recently gotten a Gen II and there weren't a lot of them out there.

As we were leaving, he throws me the keys to his busa and he jumps on Bessie... it was the first Gen II I rode and I have only ridden them a handful of times since.

Several months ago, this same friend announced that he might be selling his Busa. It wasn't that he wanted to - or really even needed to; he just didn't have the time to ride and his bike was just sitting there. As soon as I saw his thread, I asked his if he was sure and if he was serious. He said yes to both. Over the next few weeks I worked out a deal with him -

My beautiful bride went to pic her up for me, so that I would have a bike to ride while I am home. She drove to my friend's house, he helped her load the bike (and a few other things) and she had the bike waiting for me here when she arrived.

So, now, today - she sits in my garage. I now own a Gen II. She is smooth, she is fine and she is mine. I still trying to sort out a name, but for me, it is fitting that I ended up getting the first Gen II I ever rode.

I also have Ohlins forks and a rear shock to be installed, as well as Brembo calipers and an MR Windscreen is on the way. Because every thread is worthless without pics - Here she is:

IMG_2108[1].jpg

IMG_2116[1].jpg

IMG_2118[1].jpg

IMG_2124[1].jpg

IMG_2132[1].jpg

Congrats, Shawn! I miss my Gen II quite a lot even though I haven't had much time to ride either. I know you'll enjoy her and per tradition her name will come to you when she's ready. Quite a collection you're amassing there, BTW!

I'll hug Bessie tonight and tell her you don't mean all of the things you're saying right now...poor neglected Gen I :down: :rofl:

Congrats Shawn!! She's beautiful and I'm so glad Dawn got her home in time for you to enjoy her!!!

I'll also console Omar, since this wasn't a bromance story about him :laugh:

Fine lQQking machine! Can't wait to go riding with you two again!

PS - Don't listen to Michelle. I'm OK...Really.. :cry:

I guess since nobody else is gonna say it....

Dawn, you're lookin' a little rough.. You've lost your head hair, and now you're growing facial hair? You look horrible.
Not sure what you see in her Shawn, I guess different strokes....

:hide:

Mirror extenders and MR windscreen installed today!

image-1261976402.jpg

image-1261976402.jpg

Gotta love a Busa set up to knock out some serious miles! Looking good!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Busa owner who has a Grom.

Back