Exhaust Myths vs Reality

OR YOU CAN INSTALL YOSHIMURA RS-3 CARBON FIBER BOLT ONS, AND ENJOY OPENED UP HORSEPOWER, DEEP THROATY EXAUST TONES REAL RACY AT HIGHER RPMS, AND MAINTAIN VERY COOL LOOK OF TWIN EXAUST.

OMG! Warbaby, are you an engineer? Very informative post and its in semi laymen's terms! Nice job!
smile.gif

2005 Hayabusa fit up problem with Yoshimira slip ons! Just wondering if any of you had any problems with the flange lining up on the mid pipe and the slip on?

Very interesting thread indeed! For starters, I'm new. Getting ready for my first mods to my '03 BUSA. Before reading this, I was contemplating the ARATA "generation" full Ti system, along with the PCIII, TRE, PAIR block plates, air-box mod, etc.--minor stuff, for now. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on how this system would compare to the BDE WarBaby decribed. My riding style is usually, very fast...balls out many say (<6000 RPM). Of course, cruising, I'm not generally concerned about the performance, duh! Any suggestions or comments?

HI. Im new on this board. Lots of good information. I have a 2004 hayabusa SE. It has enough power for my taste but I would like to add slip ons to the exhuast for the sound. Will this require a power commander? I really don't want to get in to adding a power commander if i don't have to. I read you need to have to get the bike dyno'ed and there are no places I know of around here who have that equipment. Can I just add the slip ons without doing all this. Thanks.

HI. Im new on this board. Lots of good information. I have a 2004 hayabusa SE. It has enough power for my taste but I would like to add slip ons to the exhuast for the sound. Will this require a power commander? I really don't want to get in to adding a power commander if i don't have to. I read you need to have to get the bike dyno'ed and there are no places I know of around here who have that equipment. Can I just add the slip ons without doing all this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can add slip on mufflers without having to remap.

Fantastic thread!

Thanks so much for all the info! It is real world information like this that has kept me coming back day after day.

There is no doubt I will choose a 4/2/1 for my busa. In your opinion, why would you choose the BDE over a Muzzy ti system?

Thanks again!

In your opinion, why would you choose the  BDE over a Muzzy ti system?[/QUOTE]

Muzzy and Yoshimura are quality exhaust systems that yield good performance gains for the money when the air/fuel ratios are properly mapped. They typically fit well and look decent too. I have used both with satisfaction and have nothing negative to say about either.

All well-designed, Hayabusa aftermarket exhaust systems offer significant power increases when the air/fuel ratios have been corrected and optimized for their increased flow. Brock Davidson has invested heavy dyno development time in the BDE tubular exhaust configuration itself, and especially in the mapping to make it work properly. These BDE maps are given free to each BDE exhaust customer, eliminating the need to pay a Busa guru big bucks for an effective custom map. With the use of a Power Commander, it is a simple plug-n-play matter to install the exhaust, Power Commander, and perform the easy air box mod for a packaged performance increase that works undeniably well on both street and track with minimal power gains of 10 rear-wheel horsepower and, more typically, 12 to 14 horsepower with a broad, linear torque curve throughout the power band. Brock's technical support and customer service are also exceptional.

Happy trails...  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: "&quot;Typo&quot;"|1137765053 -->

Although expensive a Dyno will yield the most HP. Every bike is different. THe BDE map will be close and will do fine for everyday applications, but a good tuner will get the most everytime, it's all in what you want to put into it.
cool.gif

WARBABY 4 x 2, 4 1, 4 2 1, now explain in more 4 x 2 vs 4 2 1? how does one get and who makes a seperate 4 2 system? without an X(cross over) is it an H with No connect the - part of the H just a piece to hold the tubes close for fitting purpose.[/QUOTE]

A crossover or "balance" tube can be "X" style or "H" style depending on the designer's preference. In either case, it is a functional part of the exhaust, not just a mechanical support for the primary exhaust tubes. The "X" design is typically more flow-efficient and, when properly designed, both styles can increase low RPM gas extraction (scavenging) from the combustion chambers which, in turn, increases lower RPM torque.
wink.gif

X-pipe_wb.jpg

Back