Negative Ghost Rider

The OHP shoulda had their Hayabusa interceptor to catch them. :laugh: Wonder how the speed estimate was arrived at as their cruiser certainly didn’t go over 180. The rider looked like his life had ended once he was cuffed up sitting there. The cop was a tad emotional wasn’t he.:D
It looks like the trooper never went over 130mph to me,he probably caught up with them when they were held up by traffic......the kid was a bit of a crybaby.;)

LOLOL. 153, 183. That cop's a$$ must ache, cuz he's full of sh!t. At 160+ the closing speed on cars going the same direction as you is still close to 100 mph, and in the video it's about half that. And then all the screaming, cussing, and threatening to shoot? Not sure why any of that was necessary...

Shoot you because you were speeding? I believe that once the chase reaches a certain speed the police, trooper should stop the chase. Just call it in and try and stop them ahead somewhere else. Chasing guys at speeds over 130 mph in traffic for only speeding is creating more problems and danger. I heard in some states they don't. If these guys had committed a crime other than speeding that he was trying to apprehend them for I could possibly understand. I also wonder why the guy stopped, maybe he ran outta gas.

LOLOL. 153, 183. That cop's a$$ must ache, cuz he's full of sh!t. At 160+ the closing speed on cars going the same direction as you is still close to 100 mph, and in the video it's about half that. And then all the screaming, cussing, and threatening to shoot? Not sure why any of that was necessary...

That was probably the fastest that cop had ever been and he was clearly rattled by the experience. :laugh: Happens though. His yelling at the rider, however unprofessional and unnecessary was his way of letting go of some of that adrenalin. High speed pursuits are certainly dangerous and if speed and eluding (misdemeanor level reckless) is the only probable cause (for) the pursuit, especially in traffic, they should probably be discontinued. As you said, the closing speed and distance to target is incredibly high and quite a long distance is involved. Is it safe for a 5,000 pound vehicle to pass on the left and right thru traffic chasing a couple of motorcycles? I think not.

That was probably the fastest that cop had ever been and he was clearly rattled by the experience. :laugh: Happens though. His yelling at the rider, however unprofessional and unnecessary was his way of letting go of some of that adrenalin. High speed pursuits are certainly dangerous and if speed and eluding (misdemeanor level reckless) is the only probable cause (for) the pursuit, especially in traffic, they should probably be discontinued. As you said, the closing speed and distance to target is incredibly high and quite a long distance is involved. Is it safe for a 5,000 pound vehicle to pass on the left and right thru traffic chasing a couple of motorcycles? I think not.
It was more the threatening to shoot that I found objectionable.
I've never understood high speed pursuits where the original crime is speeding or something like that, the risk seems too great.

Why did he stop? What did I miss?
Rubb.
All I can think is he ran out of gas or he ran out of nerve. He had a prefect exit to take right friggin there and the cop would have had to back up and chase him...which he probably would have done. If you're going to run in the city, that takes some balls, but that's how they get away if they can ride a little.

What I can't believe is that he drew his gun on him and then let him sit in the front seat. WT-?

It looks like the trooper never went over 130mph to me,he probably caught up with them when they were held up by traffic......the kid was a bit of a crybaby.;)

Yeah, he was. A pretty young guy in the biggest trouble of his life so I can understand. I got busted, frisked, cuffed and hauled away for fingerprint and mugshots because I had no insurance on my vehicle a few years back. That cop put me in the back. LOL I didn't cry but I sure as hell was completely overwhelmed. Damn, I'm getting arrested!

Dumb. I tell young people all the time bikes get you in trouble because when you are on them you feel like a God, but you're really just a squid.

Which is why I'm playing it cool now. I have a job and a life and something to loose. If I get busted for a 6 point violation like 35+ over the limit, it could well be bye-bye career and I'm back where I was. Kids don't know that. I didn't even know that because I really didn't have anything to loose a few years back. If I'm going to really go fast, it's going to be on a track from now on. It's hard to not go fast on the street. Cryin out loud, ordinary people think 120 is fast and that's really nothing on a straight road. If a cop can get behind me, I stop. The only time I didn't was when the cop was on the other side of a divided expressway. No way to follow me so am I supposed to stop and wait for him to cross the overpass to get on my side of the road? No sir. I got the hell outta there...and I was crapping myself the whole way. I don't need that kind of excitement.

Cop: “YOU ALMOST KILLED PEOPLE AND YOU JUST ABOUT OUT THERE”
lol people only “almost” died when the cop proceeded to drive his 6,000lb + cruiser at double the speed of other motorists causing them to abruptly stop, slow and merge quickly to get out of the way while weaving in and out of traffic and then drew his weapon threatening to kill the rider.
oh police... you irony filled little critters.

If the speed was that high was there a helicopter or plane? Did I miss that part? Couldnt hear the audio that well

How about why did he run?
I'm sure "for no good reason." I mean seriously,is there ever a good solid explanation for risking innocent lives in a high speed get-away run from authorities on a public highway?
Not sure where you were going with your question.
Rubb.

I wasnt going any place with it more than yours about why did he stop except that the results of running vs stopping and getting a speeding ticket vs the very costly outcome of running. It was just a general question and realizing what the outcome would surely be because of the decision.

I wasnt going any place with it more than yours about why did he stop except that the results of running vs stopping and getting a speeding ticket vs the very costly outcome of running. It was just a general question and realizing what the outcome would surely be because of the decision.
I think deciding to stop is a situational decision, just like deciding to pursue. I have run and gotten away many more times than I have run and gotten caught. I have also stopped and not got a ticket many more times than I have stopped and got one.
You can outrun the police, (and the radio)
but as with anything else, you have to be able to live with the consequences of your actions.

Back