Gotta get out

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Welp, Juli has been working from home exclusively, my positions requires me to go in for the most part. Decided we needed to get away for at least the weekend. Next weekend we plan to take the camper out with the tacoma and dry camp on BLM land at a ghost town. All RV parks and campgrounds are closed, should be ok on BLM. Will provide a trip report if anyone is interested. The camper has an offroad package, lifted with all terrain tires and tacoma is a TRD pro with good tires. We should be fine and have some great pictures after the weekend. Cant stand being cooped up in the house.

Not into camping myself, but I can see the appeal.
Hi. I love to camp. When I was fighting PTSD after the war [scratch that conflict] Icame home and got married, she was a VA nurse I was in a wheel chair. I loved racing from 7 yrs old. When I could walk again I bought a Lotus Europa and went racing she loved it too. Then I bought a Lola T 142 and went SCCA. long story short. We had a child, she now hated me racing. I crashed in Mosport Canada she left. I went driving long hall trucks. Then I meet a girl from Texas I moved to El Paso. She was killed when a stolen car was being chased and came off a overpass in Dallas and went into the cab. I fractured my back in 8 places [back in a wheelchair]. I moved back to Ma. The PTSD got real bad. The VA gave me pills they made me not me. When I could walk again I lived in the woods on 1500+ acres for 2 yrs. To this day I still have that same camp site, my summer home.

Hi. I love to camp. When I was fighting PTSD after the war [scratch that conflict] Icame home and got married, she was a VA nurse I was in a wheel chair. I loved racing from 7 yrs old. When I could walk again I bought a Lotus Europa and went racing she loved it too. Then I bought a Lola T 142 and went SCCA. long story short. We had a child, she now hated me racing. I crashed in Mosport Canada she left. I went driving long hall trucks. Then I meet a girl from Texas I moved to El Paso. She was killed when a stolen car was being chased and came off a overpass in Dallas and went into the cab. I fractured my back in 8 places [back in a wheelchair]. I moved back to Ma. The PTSD got real bad. The VA gave me pills they made me not me. When I could walk again I lived in the woods on 1500+ acres for 2 yrs. To this day I still have that same camp site, my summer home.
Wow dude what i wouldn't give to sit and talk to you for a few hours man.

Been out doing the same. Hope you and Juli are doing well.

I used to like camping.It was the 3rd wife's thing. I would load up a camper van I designed and made. Old Chevy "cave type" van.I put in some neat features like a 2 battery system that allowed me to crank the 4 sub's,4 6x9's,4 tweeter's,3 amp system I built.... for a week without fear of being able to start the rig up and split for the next destination...when we got kicked out. LOL. Load in the mountain bikes,golf clubs,water toys,camp gear and a 1985 Suzuki Intruder. Pull up to site,set-up...20 min tops,we became experts. Yup,Rubb used to golf.Must be 50+ courses on this island. One has 36 holes designed by "the man" himself,Jack "The Golden Bear" Nicklaus. Bike was to go get supplies and go into the big city for dinner on occasion,site see,etc.First day I would drive almost to the end of the road start from there...camp/bike/golf all the way home over the course of 2-3 weeks.
Camping or "roughing it" for me now means a Holiday Inn as opposed to a Marriot.
It is nature at its finest where I am and I do have friends that strap on a backpack,grab 3 can's of wieners and beans,and split for a month.
Rubb.

We love to tent camp too, depending on where we go we cant always take the winnie. But is nice to have a shower!

Some of you guys have sweet setups. I camp in a tent LOL
Reminds me of the good ol days. Load up a tarp,a blanket,toothbrush and as much booze and dope as I could carry. Once I got to the campground/party site it was all good. I would climb outa all my leathers,put my boots back on and was good for a week. A pair of speedo's and some old cowboy boots...NOW THAT'S ROUGHING IT.
Sorry fella's,no pics survived.
Rubb.

Back