I can't believe I am going to type this...

He's an Aussie....I'll bet most of them are embarrassed about him, too. It's what makes it hard to prosecute him. He's not an American citizen and therefor not subject to our laws...but I'll bet the Aussies (our allies) are getting ready to "toss him on the barbie"....

I am an Australian, and I am not embarrassed about him at all.

Shall we get the facts straight before we come running with the noose?

How, exactly, is this bloke a "Terrorist"?

He has exposed diplomatic cables, that are not classified and do not contain significant military intel.

The only thing the release of the cables have done is embarrass politicians...and expose them for the sanctimonious hypocrites they are.

I see that there is a honey trap nicely laid out for Julian now.

Mind you, I would not be surprised if he has an 'accident'....he has pissed off a lot of politicians....

A 'terrorist', he is not.

Let's put aside the "terrorist" moniker for a moment. Do you admire this man? Are you aware that the interpol demand was issued from Stockholm? And that your very own country has been investigating him as well? I'm sure you know what crime he is being accused of...so I ask again, do you admire this man, or are you simply refuting the prior posts? Because the tone of your post seems almost joyous, as if his crimes are not serious in their own right.

Last edited:
But it should be the American people making that statement and forcing her out not a turd from another country.

I don't agree with what the WikiLeaks site does, but criticising a public figure cannot be solely the province of that person's compatriots. - That would mean that only Japanese citizens should have been allowed to criticise Japanese leaders for war crimes, etc.

In most circumstances I might agree with you, but in this instance this person has commited crimes and because of those crimes he is basing his comments..

this person has commited crimes

Has he, though? I thought he was just publishing information that he has been given by others. - That's not a crime. It may be stupid, careless and reckless, but it's not a crime. BUT...they'll find something to prosecute him for.

WHAT! publishing stolen documents....

He didn't steal them. I don't think there is any U.S. law that specifically prohibits him from publishing information he has been given by someone else.

I also wonder how many of the published articles have been confirmed as genuine by the U.S. Government/Military. - They can't deny their legitimacy and try to prosecute him.

Let's put aside the "terrorist" moniker for a moment. Do you admire this man? Are you aware that the interpol demand was issued from Stockholm? And that your very own country has been investigating him as well? I'm sure you know what crime he is being accused of...so I ask again, do you admire this man, or are you simply refuting the prior posts? Because the tone of your post seems almost joyous, as if his crimes are not serious in their own right.

Firstly, I do not admire the man, per se.

You all need to get your facts straight before you come running with the tar and feathers.

The so-called rape charge is clearly a honey trap. His view is that the sex was consensual. He said, she said. The charge was initially dropped for lack of evidence....and has now been resurrected...how strange...how convenient.

And, gee, Interpol has issued an arrest warrant....after being leaned on.

Shall we look at the leaks in question?

A whole lot of character profiles of the world's politicians - Putin is mates with Bellesconi, and they like to have a drink together....SHOCKING

Hilliary directed diplomats to gather intel.....SOP.

The King of Saud hates Iran....hardly news.

The US turned a blind eye to the Vice President of Afghanistan bringing 52M DOLLARS out of the country....now that IS interesting, but hardly classified. Indeed, I would class that as beneficial for the US public - so you can see what your elected officials get up to....if you or I did that, we would be in the slammer quick smart.

Kharzi is a nut job and a crook.....old news....

You guys need to have a calm, rational look at what has actually been leaked. There is more to this than what you are told to believe on Fox News.

Perhaps you would all like to charge the newspapers that have run this stuff as well?

The Guardian has the best summary:

Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk

Oh, and I have a very good idea of what constitutes classified info....and 99.9% of this stuff should not be classified. It is embarrassing....not intel.

As to Australia 'investigating' him....news to me. If they had something to charge him with, he would have been charged by now......

No, wiki-leaks is not about freedom of speech but about publishing stolen documents that can and will harm others, period end of story. If you are defending them then go **** off.

WTF don't a few of you really understand about what is going on with this. OK, you may never realize as you have never worked within the intel world and know what's happening. Maybe not every document was classified but there was and have been thousands of classified documents posted by wiki-leaks and not just this past dump.

Just because something isn’t marked Secret, TS, Confidential, FOUO, eyes only, or whatever doesn't mean it isn't or couldn't be damaging when all linked together. That's why we practice Opsec.

I half figured the Aussies on this board would understand this but I guess not. Them, along with a few other select countries are among Americas strongest allies (and in return) on this planet. Pull your head out of your ass and figure it out folks.

I've lived and worked all over this rock, worked with some great people from all different countries doing a job to help protect you and the freedoms we all enjoy. There is a reason for some things to be kept from the public. The folks that know and understand where I am coming from thank you. To anyone else that doesn't understand then put your head in the sand and pretend that nothing bad will ever happen to you. May god help you.

I half figured the Aussies on this board would understand this but I guess not. Them, along with a few other select countries are among Americas strongest allies (and in return) on this planet. Pull your head out of your ass and figure it out folks.

Todd, no-one is defending what WikiLeaks has done. Some of us are just curious as to precisely what laws have been broken, as there appears to be no transgression on the part of WikiLeaks. As I said earlier, what they've done may be reckless, careless and irresponsible...but it doesn't seem to be a crime.

Now, get off your high horse. Don't start making insults about other people's nationalities, because no-one has insulted yours.

intresting...in my opinion.....you dont want to hear what i think. :rulez:

No, wiki-leaks is not about freedom of speech but about publishing stolen documents that can and will harm others, period end of story. If you are defending them then go **** off.

WTF don't a few of you really understand about what is going on with this. OK, you may never realize as you have never worked within the intel world and know what's happening. Maybe not every document was classified but there was and have been thousands of classified documents posted by wiki-leaks and not just this past dump.

Just because something isn’t marked Secret, TS, Confidential, FOUO, eyes only, or whatever doesn't mean it isn't or couldn't be damaging when all linked together. That's why we practice Opsec.

I've lived and worked all over this rock, worked with some great people from all different countries doing a job to help protect you and the freedoms we all enjoy. There is a reason for some things to be kept from the public. The folks that know and understand where I am coming from thank you. To anyone else that doesn't understand then put your head in the sand and pretend that nothing bad will ever happen to you. May god help you.

Ha ha ha....I do love people jumping to conclusions....how the hell do you know who I am, what my experience is, who I have worked for and what I am cleared to.

:poke:

Another keyboard hero.

Better get back to Fox News, so they can tell you what to think.

Key board hero huh.

As for a high-horse, well that's just the way it appears, no I am not offended and I did not intend to offend anyone else.

Like said above, nobody here knows me, what I do, have done, seen, or will continue to do to for a living. I don't have to defend myself and won't throw stones but there are laws broken. Maybe not by you but there has been a break along the way by people that have signed an NDA that binds them to the law, that is fact. If you have never had exposure to the world then you can only assume what is really going on behind closed doors.

I typically stay clear of conversations like this as there are just to many people without the knowledge of what really is going on and what is at stake. We all have our opinions and thats find but there is that line between right and wrong.

I honestly agree with you. This freedom of speech bu!!sh:t is going to carry us all into our own graves. All we need is some duma$$ like this to spill all sorts of verbal diarrhea that each world leader has said onto the press like leaves from a tree and this will have each leader frothing to push a little red button.

We already have North Korea's youngest leader drooling incessantly over the fact that the USS Kennedy is outside of his waters that he may want to just prove something to his dear Daddy and fire off a world war.

Someone is going to find this fool and put a bullet in his head, tootsweet! Marque my words.

Last edited:
I will be the first to thank you, Todd Moyer,, Thank you, Sir, for all that you do in your position to serve and protect our country. I am sure that you know a lot more that the average citizen knows merely watching CNN or whatever Jewish owned and controlled syndicated television media blast wants us to know! Now, this IS NOT a anti-symetic bash. I just know who owns and operates this whole shabang! And it ain't the Mexican's.

Assange is not a US Citizen.....he does not have "freedom of speech, or press". He also cannot commit treason, as only a citizen can do that.

he could possibly be charged under the Espionage act of 1917. However, I do not think this would happen while Obama is in office.

I do however think this is much ado about nothing. I do not see this as more than an embarrassment to some politicians, nothing said was not known. Actually some of the things said may help US positions. Like the how because of the US position with N. Korea, and its nuclear program, has lead to Iran actively seeking its own nuke.

The fact that many countries are more afraid of Iran having a nuke, than just Israel and the US....could actually help.

yeah, he embarrassed alot of people. I do think that one day he will run into a US Embassy for protection.....because of all the people he embarrassed, we are the only ones that want to put him in jail and not kill him (officially I mean).

Firstly, I do not admire the man, per se.

You all need to get your facts straight before you come running with the tar and feathers.

The so-called rape charge is clearly a honey trap. His view is that the sex was consensual. He said, she said. The charge was initially dropped for lack of evidence....and has now been resurrected...how strange...how convenient.

And, gee, Interpol has issued an arrest warrant....after being leaned on.

So you believe that Interpol is the step-n-fetchit for the Unites States? And you're going to claim that this man did absolutely no wrong in one area based on your gut feeling, but when we present conjecture, you call it unfounded. Double standards have no place in rational discussion. Either he is a suspect in a crime or he isn't. Until he is cleared, you have no right to tell anyone that their concerns are invalid based on your gut feeling.

Sounds to me as if you have some animosity towards the U.S. I hope I'm wrong.

Back