Head on collision test between 1959 Chevy and 2009 Chevy

just goes to show how much technology protects us now a days if someone were in the Bel Air they would have died

So I guess what we've learned today is that you're much better off in a Volvo. :thumbsup:

Enlightning. It may vary from model and make but the rule of thumb is that locking your doors will make the chasis 10 X stronger as well.

That is hard to believe, the metal in the 59 was 2 too 3X thicker then the 09.

Also there isn't any plastics on the 59.???

The newer cars are designed to absorb the shock. The older cars were rigid and the impact was transfered to the occupants. This is hearsay and I don't know for sure but sounds good.

LOoks to me like the frame rails on the 59 are closer or narrower and they missed the rail glanced off it an hit the rail on the new car so it took it better. I d like to see a head on crash and the damage comparison would be different but driver injuries wise Id rather be in the 09.

LOoks to me like the frame rails on the 59 are closer or narrower and they missed the rail glanced off it an hit the rail on the new car so it took it better. I d like to see a head on crash and the damage comparison would be different but driver injuries wise Id rather be in the 09.

Yeah there were some others on that site that said the test was rigged. I thought for sure the old car would have suffered less damage due to its substantial structure and weight. Didnt look like there was a motor in it, either way pretty cool.

+1:whistle:

Yeah there were some others on that site that said the test was rigged. I thought for sure the old car would have suffered less damage due to its substantial structure and weight. Didnt look like there was a motor in it, either way pretty cool.

I agree ! Cool but maybe rigged. Guess we are pessimists :whistle:

Holy shi....... somebody just killed a bel air. Perfect shape bel air are hard to find nowadays. ???

Back