Head on collision test between 1959 Chevy and 2009 Chevy

That is hard to believe, the metal in the 59 was 2 too 3X thicker then the 09.

Also there isn't any plastics on the 59.???

The new vehicle has all kinds of engineering in it to absorb that energy and protect the interior of the car. Plus it's easier to hit all that soft movable stuff vs. that hard plastic and steel.....:laugh:

The belair was all rust under the new body panels. I can't imagine anyone destroying a truly mint car like that. I saw a brown plume of rust dust come out of the belair. I'm skeptical of their truthyness.

The new vehicle has all kinds of engineering in it to absorb that energy and protect the interior of the car. Plus it's easier to hit all that soft movable stuff vs. that hard plastic and steel.....:laugh:

That is correct. We've come a long way in the last 50 years and you have to remember, it isn't just about using the stronger materials, it's about design and engineering.

Those crash test dummies have given us a ton of data to use on this kind of thing.

--Wag--

there is a special place in hell for people who destroy classic cars like that....

RIP '59

That is correct. We've come a long way in the last 50 years and you have to remember, it isn't just about using the stronger materials, it's about design and engineering.

Those crash test dummies have given us a ton of data to use on this kind of thing.

--Wag--

exactly these cars are designed to absorb and redirect the impact around the passenger cabin versus the old school version which is more rigid and directs force straight into the cabin. Even the windshield in newer cars are considered a structural part of the car and play a part in redirecting force. the newer alloys help slow down the force as well so you don't get it as hard. remember when the rail on that old car goes the steering column and wheel goes with it it's attached to the drivers frame rail. can you say ouch ? :whistle:

Back