Helmet Camera

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. I got a new GoPro wide video camera and sent my son out for a test today. Here's a short clip of him ripping up my backyard.
Camera: GoPro Motorsports Hero wide
Rider: Thomas (7)
Bike: 2002 Suzuki JR80
Link: GoPro test one on Vimeo
It has a variety of mounts and will also be used on the Busa.
Please feel free to comment!

Last edited:
I can't wait to get the RM fired up and chase him around the tracks we ride. I can mount it on either of our helmets, facing forward or backward.
The camera is about the size of a deck of cards and light. Nice toy! :thumbsup:

very cool :cool:

glad to see you got something cool for xmas.... reminds me there is a box here with ur name on it too :whistle:

Makes me miss zinging around my yard as a kid on my minibike.. looks like he is getting a good start for 7 , good dad good dad!! great activity to share and keep a good life path :thumbsup:

I am not a big fan of helmet mounts myself.. bike mounts seem to be more stable for the viewer.. resolution looks fairly good but sort of hard to see the depth of field..

Not much margin for error in that yard, split rail fence, trees etc :laugh: now about the "clutched" shifts :)

Makes me miss zinging around my yard as a kid on my minibike.. looks like he is getting a good start for 7 , good dad good dad!! great activity to share and keep a good life path :thumbsup:

I am not a big fan of helmet mounts myself.. bike mounts seem to be more stable for the viewer.. resolution looks fairly good but sort of hard to see the depth of field..

Not much margin for error in that yard, split rail fence, trees etc :laugh: now about the "clutched" shifts :)

Yeah, he's pretty much got it made. It was okay for his 50cc, but the yard gets small fast when the 2-stroke starts singing. He's only been on this bike for a total of about 15 hours, and he's getting better each time. There are actually some small bumps he is getting air over and you can see the front fender rise. It won't be long before he can reach the ground on an 85... 2009 was last year for the RM85... :whistle: better act now....
The helmet mount I thought would be better for the dirt bikes so it doesn't get jarred around so much. I guess it could go on a bar mount but no real other place for it. I actually thought it looked pretty smooth on his lid.

The camera is a wide angle and has 170* lens so it loses a little depth.

I really can't wait to get out there with him. It will be cool to see what we look like to each other. Just hope my butt don't look big with the wide angle! :moon:
And, of course, the "super zoomed" terrain shots will need to be edited out! :whistle:

You butt will lokk smaller with the wide angle. Of course it may be needed to fit your entire butt in the frame. :laugh:

Congrats. Looks like fun!

The young man is doing VERY WELL! Take it from an old hillbilly woods rider,, I am impressed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
If you all ever plan on coming to Missouri, give me a shout. We have a bunch of MX tracks and 12 square miles of woods hell known as Chadwick Use Area.. Mark Twain National Forest - Chadwick ATV/Motorcycle Recreation Area - US Forest Service

And, your Vimeo vid looks a lot better than my YouTube one does..
Working on the Movie Maker program, then it looks like I'm going to have to check out Vimeo next..

THat actually had to be one of the best helmet cams I've seen!

Great job man!

UMMMMMMMMM is that the only way they will get you on camera. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Bro had to do it, You opened the door wide open. :whistle:

Back