More GoPro Hero Video 5/10/09!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Well, I finally added some more RAM mounts, and shot/edited some video from this weekend. This is more about mount locations and how it turned out, than how good I can ride (not that good). The GoPro Hero Camera ROCKS! Simple, easy, relatively inexpensive...better quality than I could get out of my DV Camera....

I was going to post to youtube so I could embed, but they don't like my music; so here is vimeo link. A little long, but at the end is where I almost lowsided on that dang case slider (have since ordered a Woodcraft so I don't have it sticking out so far); it's mentioned in the video so you see it.

Vimeo Linky: Hayabusa GoPro Video on Vimeo

Here's a pic of my main slider mount. Now I just need a good ride! Wonder if they'd let me take it out on the track :thumbsup:

IMG_0072 (Large).jpg

IMG_0073 (Large).jpg

Another great vid Keith. Although I look at your local Tennesse roads and think ya got curves, but it's all flat. :laugh:

Touching down your stator cover is really leaning over, still think you ought to try dragging a knee first than dragging the bike. Kinda scary when you touch down hard parts, eh? :whistle:

Img_9812_MotoCam.jpg

Your new Woodcraft Stator Cover should reach you on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Img_9812_MotoCam.jpg

Nice angles! I need to get the fish eye, my vids do not show the front of the bike when I mount it to the fairing; only the road.

I really like seeing the Kanji in the forward shot. And it's just enough engine noise.

Pash, if you look at the pic, you can see how much the stator cover slider sticks out; I'm not leaning over THAT far...

I like shooting position 2 the best.. Kanji and road rush :) nice job..

Yeah! I like it!!!

Glad you like the GoPro...it's getting mixed reviews out here...

One of my friends lost his to the freeway on its maiden voyage...:laugh: Operator error? :dunno: I got one of those for Christmas but haven't used it yet...

Nice picture!

:beerchug:

As soon as I saw the picture of that mount I said to myself "that wouldn't last 5 turns" I highly, highly doubt that mount would fly for track days. Glad to hear it works out well I have been tossing around picking one up.

Pash, if you look at the pic, you can see how much the stator cover slider sticks out; I'm not leaning over THAT far...

I scrapped the fairing one time on the Hayabusa in a left hander. I was leaned over pretty far, but swore I would never do that again. Have photo of that somewhere. The pic above was my bullet cam mount. That was scary too as the lever-action-potential always leaves you wondering - what if? :laugh:

Now that I've gone to the flexible RAM arms to get those shots, don't worry so much about that. Did touch the arm down couple weeks ago but just a tiny scrape. Left hander again. :whistle:

Knees work much better. :lol:

never seen "red oak" used on a hayabusa before either :laugh:

Actually, that's a piece of REALLY thick Phenolic sheet that's been routed out to fit down into the slider bolt hole...that stuff is as strong as steel.

Pash, I would think your camera would bounce all over the place on double flex arms....but I'll bet it's a great angle...gotta get me one of those to play with.

Back