I went for a little 440 mile ride today with Tim, Kevin, and Ronnie

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I met them at Hardee's in Ocoee, TN this morning about 10:00 A.M. and we headed for Ashville NC...

p1060087.jpg

We stopped for a photo op on the way...

p1060088.jpg

We had planned to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, but look what the blue car on the right was hiding. Apparently there was quite a bit of this stuff in the mountians because the parkway was closed...

p1060089.jpg

Kevin and Ronnie look cold...

p1060090.jpg

A couple of colorful Busa and helmet shots...

p1060092.jpg

p1060093.jpg

We made it to the legendary MR Cycles and they told us where to find Vman1300. We had lunch and then went to pay the Vman a visit. He seems to be doing pretty good. He wants to go home really bad and hopes he will get to tomorrow or Saturday...

p1060094.jpg

p1060097.jpg

Tim bought a mohawk ar MR Cycles...

p1060099.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brrrr...dayum!!!

I love it!

Nice pix, Don!!! Looks like you guys had some decent (albeit chilly) weather to enjoy.

:beerchug:

Thanks Don! Hey does Tim have a job? He is EVERYWHERE.... dang man... I see you got the Busa out even... You better hold off that stuff on the ground.. Steve may be paying you a visit... If I can figure out a way, I might join up too...

Is that the cafe we ate at at Spring bash? (where the snow and blue car are)

Last edited:
We took a beautiful route home, the colors were about peak. We rode US64 through Cashiers, Highlands (by Bridal Veil Falls), Franklin and Murphy NC. Here are a couple of photos from the rest stops...

It was time to put the warm gear on again in Cashiers...

p1060102.jpg

Final gas stope in Franklin, only 135 miles from home...

p1060103.jpg

I said hey Kevin some people may think we are nuts...he said we ARE nuts...

p1060104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don! Hey does Tim have a job? He is EVERYWHERE.... dang man... I see you got the Busa out even... You better hold off that stuff on the ground.. Steve may be paying you a visit... If I can figure out a way, I might join up too...

Is that the cafe we ate at at Spring bash? (where the snow and blue car are)

We have had an unusually cold end of October, The afternoon highs are supposed to be around 70 now and should be back there by the weekend.

The place in the picture is on the Smokey Mountain Expressway about 50 miles from Ashville.

I hope you get to come with Steve next month, that would qualify for a mini Busa Bash :)

looked like the deck around the cafe where Tom was chasing the waitress around with the water... :whistle:

Nov 1, I have a new boss, if he approves the time off, I will be good to go.
I will try to find him today and get it approved. The busa is wanting to go back to the dragon. I don't get it. What's up with her? :whistle:
:thumbsup:

I need to go for a long ride like that one of these days. The summer was hot, but I'd trade the temps the last few days for it in a heartbeat!

Wow, snow already. We wont see stuff like that around here till maybe January. :laugh:

Nov 1, I have a new boss, if he approves the time off, I will be good to go.
I will try to find him today and get it approved. The busa is wanting to go back to the dragon. I don't get it. What's up with her? :whistle:
:thumbsup:

Busas can get addicted to that road so easily :)

I hope your time off gets approved :beerchug:

Busas can get addicted to that road so easily :)

I hope your time off gets approved :beerchug:
I am going to shoot for this too.. after all the activity of the last month,a few days of riding might just be what the dr ordered...

Jeez you guys are killing me. Ray you get to ride too much :beerchug:

Back