The Good, The Bad & The ugly

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Ok where do I start, not a good day for Gene. The good of course is I'm not dead, paralized or even seriously injured (I think, ask me tomorrow how I feel). Amazingly not even a scratch due to some really good gear, oh and the gear didn't fair so well, I think the Shoei X-11 is history, what else should I expect driving my Busa off a cliff? Maybe it was more of a hill or imbankment, you'd have to ask Pardini but I've heard it described as more of a cliff. The bad? try ambulance ride and medical treatment with no insurance, yup ouch that's gonna sting. And for the ugly you guessed it, my beautiful 05 Busa that I enjoyed so much is in Busa heaven or at least feeling a bit neglected all mangled, scratched and battered sitting in some strange tow yard God only knows where after running her off said cliff then having tow truck driver wrap a chain around her and dragging her back up the same cliff, I hear she looks really really nasty. Some more bad, my God my old bones hurt, hip is really sore and swollen, I think I smacked something really hard, also bruised rib and shoulder blade, nice sharp pain with every deep breath, or movement, please don't even make me laugh or sneege, sneezed a couple times on the way home and I can't begin to explain what a delight that was. Special thanks go out to fellow rider Pardini for hangin out at the hospital with me and all your support, also a very special thanks to his wife Brenda who drove 2 hours out of her way to pick me up at the hospital then drive me 2 hours back to Sacto, you guys are awesome, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As for what actually happened I'm still not quite really sure, I remember tires gettin really squirley thinking "this is not good" the next thing I know I'm hangin practically upside down in some brush/trees whatever knowing I had gone off the side (I believe they call this stretch of road "The Mini Dragon") sure bit my ass good. All I can imagine is that I went into a turn too fast and hit the brakes way to hard causing the slide and the derailment from the roadway. Sometimes the mind just blanks out stuff it dosen't want you to remember and I feel that this is what occured cause I do not recall goin off the raod. I'm not quite sure yet of how this will effect my attitude towards motorcycling although I have cought myself several times making statements like "it's gonna feel strange getting back on my bike" & "I think in the future I'm just gonna have to slow down a bit". Also gonna attempt to go get my bike tomorrow if I'm physically up to it so I can determine if she is salvagable.

Robert, I hope you had better luck getting home safetly.

Busa 1.jpg

Last edited:
very glad your ok. gonna have to see pictures of this cliff to see just how lucky you really are! hope you get all fixed up real soon!

Oh bro, I am so sorry to read this; but am relieved you are here to post about it! I pray you heal up fast.:please:

glad to hear your ok the bike can be fixed, get her out of the towyard and home, then put your feet up and take it easy for a few

Gene, good god, I'm so sorry to here this. I'm not sure if I'll be in town tomorrow, but I might be able to get ahold of a work truck for a transport. Just take it easy cause you'll probably feel 100 times worse tomorrow. Did you get x-rays at all? If the frame or wheels arent bent or broke we can tape the rest together, Ive gotten pretty good at that.:laugh: Try and get some good rest and not worry to much about things buddy. If your number hasnt changed Ill call ya late morning.

Thanks all for the well wishes, ya Raymond my hip hurt so bad and felt so strange that is why I requested the ambulance ride and the x-rays being well aware of just what it would cost me, walkin isn't something I ready to give up just quite yet. They wanted to lifeflight me to the hospital and I put a stop to that real quick, that and them takin a pair of scissors to my leather, I was like you can simply take off my boots, unvip the leathers and take them off, in all fairnes they had a good go on the t-shirt though, shredded that puppy:thumbsup:

Hey Raymond ya got some duct tape, think I'm gonna need a couple rolls.:rofl:
Jus kiddin ya buddy but I think you already knew that.

Man I'm not lookin forward to tomorrow, I know I'm gonna be really frickin sore.

Last edited:
OMG man sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad that (for the most part) you appear to be ok, and you are at least able to share this experience with us. Just let this experience make you a more safe/experienced rider, and keep us posted on the outcome with your ride.

D

Oh man, sorry to hear about the accident! Definitely take it easy for awhile and get through the recovery.

Ouchie - but you will live to ride another day. Did anyone see you go? Would like to hear what the factors/cause may have been as learning tool.

Gene your damn lucky nothing major happened healthwise especially internals. Count your blessings you live to ride another day! Wardie:thumbsup:

Back