Ignition

Patten

Registered
I need to remove the ignition from my bike, and get it to a locksmith.

I cant seem to find what kind of tool is needed to remove it.

perhaps to avoid theft?

I cant get it off.

Is there some special tool needed to remove the ignition?

thanks!

OR,

Can I just send the locksmith the tail section of my bike? since it uses the same key, just backwards?

Thanks!

--Patten

Last edited:
ignition is a bit deeper than trunk lock

security torx bit is used to remove it...

I need to remove the ignition from my bike, and get it to a locksmith.
I cant seem to find what kind of tool is needed to remove it.
perhaps to avoid theft?
I cant get it off.
Is there some special tool needed to remove the ignition?
thanks!
OR,
Can I just send the locksmith the tail section of my bike? since it uses the same key, just backwards?

Thanks!

--Patten

The rear lock will work off the ignition key, but you can not make a ignition key using the rear lock. A Suzuki dealer should be able to make you a key with proof of ownership and your VIN#...call one...you might even be able to do it through the mail ???

In the future just :bump: your first thread...rather than starting a new one :poke:

Goldenchild answered your question already...

Last edited:
The rear lock will work off the ignition key, but you can not make a ignition key using the rear lock. A Suzuki dealer should be able to make you a key with proof of ownership and your VIN#...call one...you might even be able to do it through the mail ???

In the future just :bump: your first thread...rather than starting a new one :poke:

Goldenchild answered your question already...

Been answered.:thumbsup:

thanks, and sorry-

:rulez:

This is the first forum I've ever joined, and I have no other community of Busa riders to come to>

thanks, and sorry-

:rulez:

This is the first forum I've ever joined, and I have no other community of Busa riders to come to>

No problem...you can click on your screen name and find all your previous
posts or threads that you have started in the past :beerchug:

:welcome: to the board

Back