SW motech top rack

marciozero

Registered
I saw the sw motech top rack for the genII and I think it so ugli.
Then I decide to adapt the genI top rack.
It goes perfect.
Very great comunity, with a lot of important information.
Thank You, and sorry about my english.

Marcio Zero (São Paulo-Brazil)

149.jpg

Definitely improved your storage space, I wouldn't use it unless on a x-country trip or something. You have a pic that is a little farther away from the bike?

I didn't notice the difference until you pointed it out... Yes its a cleaner look!
Thanks for posting the pic's and giving us a heads up. Unfortunately for me
I all ready ordered the GENII for my 08 so I guess I'll have hand rails. :whistle:

Hey Ba I went with the smaller 28L CooCase and your correct only when I hit the road for some distance riding is this gonna be on the ride! But, when it comes to lockable weather proof storage the Hard Cases are the only way to fly... Finally giving my Ventura Rack up after all these years.

While I certainly appreciate the extra weatherproof carrying capacity, my main objection to this setup is not just having that weight so high up; it's also the fact that it's high up, and so far aft of the rear axle.

Hard bags are similar to computer hard drives... you tend to fill them up with as much as much $hit as you can possibly cram in there. We've all done it. But in this above scenario, the "moment arm" effect (caused by having this weight this high, and this far aft of the rear axle) might be considerable. Perhaps this is no big deal during motorway touring, but might be a different story in the hard-core twisties.

All that having been said... I am still going after the SW-Motech Alu-Rack for the K8, but I am going with a much lower, smaller luggage atop it.... probably a black Pelican 1500 Case.

I have allredy tested the top rack for about 1000 miles and until now it do not shows any damage.
Warchild, you do have reason abut the moment, but we have to consider that this model of top rack has been used for about 5 years in genI, and the only limitaion was to use in aloy frames.
It has a weigth limit of 7 quilos or 13 pounds.
I think that if we respect it, no problem.

Hi evryone!
new busa fanatic is here, from Latvia.

marciozero, what did you to fit sw-motech top alu-rack 99-07 to 08? drilled new holes or make them larger?
thanx

Last edited:
Italian Trev, by the way, alone i travelin to 3500 km just with small backpack and visa card in my pocket...and that is all! nothing on the bike!
top case i need for my lady for 2 up..... so guys please anyone can help me what i asked?

Back