Gen II Ecu Flashing

If you are referring to having your stock ecu fuel map reprogrammed for modifications such as full exhaust, then yes. Have your bike tuned on a dyno by someone with a good reputation. A good tune will make your idle and throttle response throughout the rpm range much smoother. If you have a full exhaust and stock fuel map, you could gain around 10hp with a good tune. Not dramatic, but a noticeable improvement.
If you haven't yet checked out site sponsor Boostbysmith.com, you should. The ECU Editor does it all and is only $208. It's rare that the best thing is the cheapest.:beerchug:

Thanks, I have my stock exhaust presently. I am switching to the hotbodies slip ons. I was told that with having my ECU flashed, there would be no need for a PC or TRE. Have you heard that also

Thanks, I have my stock exhaust presently. I am switching to the hotbodies slip ons. I was told that with having my ECU flashed, there would be no need for a PC or TRE. Have you heard that also
i believe that is correct! here is the ECU editor page that you can thumb threw to give yourself a better perspective on it. index

You'll probably lose a little power from lack of back pressure with those tips. You don't NEED a Power commander, ECU Editor, or any type of fuel management for any exhaust either. The engine will not run lean or be harmed in any way. The bike will however run much better with a new fuel map, and ideally a dyno tune. If you like a very loud bike and the look of those tips, just bolt them on and go. The performance gain of the tips with a dyno tune really isn't worth the money either(but it would be an improvement none the less), but if you like it, that's all that really matters. If you're going to buy ECU Editor, look into an exhaust that's gonna give you some performance. Brocks Alienhead is the way to go for power and sound. You'll find plenty of great info on Brocks here too. Brock sells his exhaust with Power Commanders with pre loaded base maps to get you close too, but folks here run his pipes with ECU Editor too. Smith will also give you any base map for free, assuming he has one for the pipe you chose to use, he has them for most popular exhausts.
Any other type of slip on muffler(not just a tip) is only going to give you 1 or 2 hp, you'll never notice it. Most full exhausts will give you roughly around 10 hp when properly tuned(ballpark numbers, every exhaust, dyno, and tuner will vary). A full exhaust is great on a gen2 also because none of them have a catalytic converter, those things will cook your feet on a hot day as they are mounted in the end of the stock header.
Best thing you can do is decide on what you really want, looks, power, sound, and what you want to spend. Someone here has what you want, no matter what you decide on. That way you can get alot of first hand opinions.:beerchug:

JohnnyCheese ... all I can say about tuning. My bike is not the same. One of these days I'll write up a full review but for now just know that accurate ECU tuning makes a world of difference. :beerchug:

Thanks to all for your advice. I plan to go with the Brocks full system down the road. It's just not in my budget presently. I do a lot of highway riding once the weather breaks. So I want my bike to be louder while I am out there. I figure those Hotbodies can hold me over until I get those Brocks. Thanks again.

my bike picked up quite a bit using ecu flashing for tuning............but she has a turbo LOL

08turbohp.jpg

Already have a PC4 on bike with an excellent tune, Can I still use the ECU flashing to derestrict and turn pair valve off but keep the PC4 on the bike for the fuel?

go to ebay and type in ECU under hayabusa. theres a place in corona ca that does it for $150 and I picked up one for my 06 Busa.. Immediately I noticed a huge improvement. throttle response is like wow.. pair valve disabled, TRE Gear based Timing Retard Elimination, rev limiter set to your specs, mapped for slip on exhaust, std timing at 91 octane. I tell ya, am happy with this mod.. just now have idle issue.. wont stay running at 800rpm.. adjust idle screw and it shoots to 2500.. so looking into that issue.. otherwise.. am happy.. bike is like on roids now..lol.. any ideas on the issues..please let me know.. safe riding to all.. :beerchug:
btw.. ECU flash place is.. gsxrtune.com 562-314-6284

Just got my ECU flashed and man the difference is night and day. The revs are higher, throttle response is better, and seem like power all through gears. Honestly just feels like a new bike. Running a yoshimura R-77 with K & N air filter. They flashed and mapped it in order to maximize this specific pipe. Next move is to throw it on the dyno and see what bazzaz is going to do to help but honestly can't imagine it running any harder. :beerchug:

Back