Help me Electrician GODS

needlepimp

Quasi-Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I bought an LM508 Alarm. It is installed and every option functions, so I decided to add the remote start option. I think to myself "Just hook up one wire" how hard could this be. After stabbing my finger with my test light multiple times and burning my finger with my soldering iron, I will have remote start. it says to find the ignition wire that has 12 volts when you turn the key on and 0 in all other positions ok sounds easy. to make a long story short-er I tried every wire coming from the ignition or "key switch" and still can't figure it out. I can get the engine to crank and all the lights come on but not the fuel pump can anyone tell me where to find the acc wire that will make all the lights and the fuel pump come on when you and 12 volts.

Go ahead I'm ready. "you should have bought a scorpio" "Blah Blah Blah" I can't afford a Scorpio Right now, but I need something to ward off would be thieves and for one third the price. "I can swing that".

Any help and Critisisim is apreciated

I think that with the 508 - the problem you will have is the kill switch... if you have it off, the fuel pump won't prime, unless you tap in both wires...

The 508 and the TW-400 are essentially the same alarm. I don't personally like the idea of remote start, but hey - that is just me... anyway, if you alarm does it and you want to install it, you should be able to make it work...

Let me look around and see what I can find... BRB.

MCM

I would re-think the remote start function on a motorcycle. But, if you insist on doing this, I'm not going to stop you. I don't have access to the wiring diagram here so I'm doing this by memory, but the fuel pump relay is triggered by the circuit that comes off the "ignition" fuse in the fuse block. You also need power to the pump itself, which is powered off of the "fuel" fuse.

Looks to me that you have to switch atleast 3 pairs of wires, I would get a few bosch relays!

ign.JPG

(BusaWhipped @ May 24 2007,10:24) I would re-think the remote start function on a motorcycle.  But, if you insist on doing this, I'm not going to stop you.   I don't have access to the wiring diagram here so I'm doing this by memory, but the fuel pump relay is triggered by the circuit that comes off the "ignition" fuse in the fuse block.  You also need power to the pump itself, which is powered off of the "fuel" fuse.
It was late last night but if i remeber correctly the ignition fuse and fuel fuse are both hot with the key off. so the fuel pump should have primed when the acc turned on Right?

You will have to jump out the clutch saftey switch as well, FYI if the bike is in gear with the side stand down it will not start, even with the clutch switch bypassed!

(05BusaLe @ May 24 2007,10:34) Looks to me that you have to switch atleast 3 pairs of wires, I would get a few bosch relays!
this should help so should i use three relays? one for each?

(05BusaLe @ May 24 2007,10:36) You will have to jump out the clutch saftey switch as well, FYI if the bike is in gear with the side stand down it will not start, even with the clutch switch bypassed!
Yea that was one of the first things i check before opting to try and hook it up. try being the key word

(needlepimp @ May 24 2007,13:51)
(05BusaLe @ May 24 2007,10:34) Looks to me that you have to switch atleast 3 pairs of wires, I would get a few bosch relays!
this should help so should i use three relays? one for each?
I would use 3 Bosch 40 amp relays, after all there is a reason all of those need to be turned on! You dont want to not hook one up only to find out the cooling fan wont work
crazy.gif

(needlepimp @ May 24 2007,12:35)
(BusaWhipped @ May 24 2007,10:24) I would re-think the remote start function on a motorcycle.  But, if you insist on doing this, I'm not going to stop you.   I don't have access to the wiring diagram here so I'm doing this by memory, but the fuel pump relay is triggered by the circuit that comes off the "ignition" fuse in the fuse block.  You also need power to the pump itself, which is powered off of the "fuel" fuse.
It was late last night but if i remeber correctly the ignition fuse and fuel fuse are both hot with the key off. so the fuel pump should have primed when the acc turned on Right?
Now that you mention it, the fuel circuit is always hot (If you were ever wondering, they power to your clock comes off the fuel pump curcuit). The ignition circuit should not be hot with the key off.

(BusaWhipped @ May 24 2007,12:48)
(needlepimp @ May 24 2007,12:35)
Now that you mention it, the fuel circuit is always hot (If you were ever wondering, they power to your clock comes off the fuel pump curcuit).  The ignition circuit should not be hot with the key off.
your right ignition is not hot but fuel and somthing else is i think its the fan. both the 10 amp fuses are hot. with the diagram 05busa gave me i think it will work

I got it, Finally. I searched it some and found someone wanted to go keyless. and one of the replies was "don't forget to put a 100 ohm resistor to replace the one in the ignition switch. after digging through my stash of resistors, I tested it and it works like a charm. the bike will start without the clutch pulled in, and if i leave it in gear it won't even crank. the only thing i don't like is, with autos if you touch anything inside the car while it is in remote start mode it will die, but on the bike you could ride it off. but of course it could still be killed with the remote. so i just will use it to impress friends, or play pranks on passers bye. thanks for the help

P.S. I will put a short clip of it starting when i get home tonight

(needlepimp @ Jun. 04 2007,13:25) I got it, Finally. I searched it some and found someone wanted to go keyless. and one of the replies was "don't forget to put a 100 ohm resistor to replace the one in the ignition switch. after digging through my stash of resistors, I tested it and it works like a charm. the bike will start without the clutch pulled in, and if i leave it in gear it won't even crank. the only thing i don't like is, with autos if you touch anything inside the car while it is in remote start mode it will die, but on the bike you could ride it off. but of course it could still be killed with the remote. so i just will use it to impress friends, or play pranks on passers bye.  thanks for the help

Hook up the wire to kill it to the no longer used clutch saftey switch. This way when some one tries to put it in to gear it will shut off, also hook it up to the brake light to kill the engine!

(05BusaLe @ Jun. 04 2007,10:53)
(needlepimp @ Jun. 04 2007,13:25) I got it, Finally. I searched it some and found someone wanted to go keyless. and one of the replies was "don't forget to put a 100 ohm resistor to replace the one in the ignition switch. after digging through my stash of resistors, I tested it and it works like a charm. the bike will start without the clutch pulled in, and if i leave it in gear it won't even crank. the only thing i don't like is, with autos if you touch anything inside the car while it is in remote start mode it will die, but on the bike you could ride it off. but of course it could still be killed with the remote. so i just will use it to impress friends, or play pranks on passers bye.  thanks for the help

Hook up the wire to kill it to the no longer used clutch saftey switch. This way when some one tries to put it in to gear it will shut off, also hook it up to the brake light to kill the engine!
i dont think there was a wire to "kill it"

I hope this works

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums....010.flv

(needlepimp @ Jun. 04 2007,20:25)
(05BusaLe @ Jun. 04 2007,10:53)

i dont think there was a wire to "kill it"

I hope this works

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums....010.flv
the remote start doesnt have a brake wire on it?? if it does then def hook it up to either the brake switch on the bike or depending on what the clutch switch does, u could use that.... there has to be a wire on the remote start unit to kill the ignition without the key in it...

Back