PMR Kill Switch wiring???

crazy_mooh

Registered
Hi guys I have a kill switch. I'm trying to wiring the kill switch but I couldn't figure it out. I did search but I don't anything that help me.

What year is your bike?

I have a 07 that I put a PMR kill switch on...I mounted it next to the on/off switch to keep the wires short. If I recall correctly I took apart the switch housing...2 screws from the bottom of housing and cut / soldered the kill switch in. In the manual section 7 -39 are the wire colors are listed with a given switch...I belive that the orange-white tracer is the wire I cut. I might be wrong so please confirm with others.

It's 2004. I tried to open the on/off switch but I didn't know how and I don't want to break it, so what I need to do to open without break it.

perhaps someone with wiring diagram can chime in......basically all you do is find the wire to the OEM kill, cut and connect the pmr switchto each of the cut wires...

It shouldn't matter, you are going to install the switch in series with the factory kill switch.

Last edited:
pics

this may help

the two wires are orange black and orange white, i would have to say eather would work , the kill switch is boing to complete or brake the circuit!

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys I did it :thumbsup:

but it's work normal with out the the kill switch lanyard, and when I put it in it's turn off if I take it out.

Is it how it works???

ok your saying that it will start with the lanyard out , but once you put it in and start it then pull it dies !

it should not start with the lanyard out of it ! your brakeing the conection !?

i think you got a wire crossed some place but if it works then i say leave it !

your factory kill switch still work ?

Last edited:
ok your saying that it will start with the lanyard out , but once you put it in and start it then pull it dies !

it should not start with the lanyard out of it ! your brakeing the conection !?

i think you got a wire crossed some place but if it works then i say leave it !

your factory kill switch still work ?

Yes that what happen and if the kill switch off my factory kill switch works normal..

Definitely the orange with black stripe... Just did mine, getting ready for the Mohave Mile so wired in my NOS to the kill switch also as the rules require. About a 30 minute job.

Back