New Exhaust Tips

Wallie

Registered
After I look thru some of the modification some of you guys did to your Exhaust on your bikes I went and did mine and I only spent $17.02 for the exhaust tips at Pep Boys and some help from one of the guys, I did the mod in only 30 min.:cheerleader:

Here is link so you can hear it:

- Busarican[/url]

100_4718.jpg

100_4721.jpg

100_4723.jpg

100_4724.jpg

100_4729.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like you need to adjust your idle to 1150 - 1250 rpms. Kinda sounded like it was idling to low. Looks good & sounds decent also.:thumbsup:

Can you give more info on how to do it. I got this Busa 4 moth ago and I stating to do some mod your hel will be usedful.
Thx:please:

Wallie , You are going to have to take your seat off & Unbolt the 2 bolts holding the tank down & prop your tank up. The Idle Adjustment screw is on the right side of your throttle bodies ( Phillips Screwdriver ). Make sure you warm your Busa up before adjusting your idle, After you get it warmed up turn the Idle Screw slowly until you get it to 1150 - 1250 depending on what you want. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sounds good man. I know that is actually ALOT louder in person. I agree with Ninja Killer about the idle.:beerchug:

I will do that first thing tomorrow morning. I will let you how can out.:thumbsup:
Thx 4 all your help:bowdown:

I did the same thing for free... just formed my OEM midpipe- cut to looks like the same length as yours...no baffle- sounds wicked to me too... I run it for show sometimes!!!
Looks good to me bro---enjoy it !!!

100_7150copy.jpg

thx, your bike looks good too. I bet I as loud as mine I'm having lots of fun.
I tought of doing the samething but I didn't take tha chace cuz I didn't know if it was going to work then I was going to be screw w/out anything but I see it work fine for you.:thumbsup:

Sweet ! :beerchug: She sounds just like mine Wallie.....here's a link to my exhaust vid...

- Hayabusa exhaust[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wallie you can adjust your idle by turning the knob by the oil fill cap.. c'mon guys its a 2000 model.. :whistle:

no lifting the tank to adjust the idle.. :thumbsup:

sweet looking ride.. :bowdown:

what size are the tips? Did you put the baffles in them?

I am with you, are there baffles in the pipes? Does anyone know what kind of exhaust Jet Li had at the bash? His sounded nice without sounding too loud.

Those sound nice guys.

Yengese,
The tipe are 2 1/8" and they don't have any baffles
Warputer,
I like that sound nice looking bike.:laugh:
DR1330R,
Thx for the tip a was wondering the what was that for days ago. If I'm mistaken you have the same bike color and year by the pic that you have.:thumbsup:

After the mod that I did to the exhaust a took the bike today to work and when I got home from work I notice something wrong and I got woory??? I got off the bike my wife was waiting w/ the to do list and I couln't hear her:laugh: you guts think there is a problem w/ that.:thumbsup:

After the mod that I did to the exhaust a took the bike today to work and when I got home from work I notice something wrong and I got woory??? I got off the bike my wife was waiting w/ the to do list and I couln't hear her:laugh: you guts think there is a problem w/ that.:thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back