Well I crashed...

my left wrist is worse then I thought, I have to see 2 physiotherapist for about roughly the next 6 months one 5 days a week one 3. Sadly I thought I was seeing light at the end of the tunnel but not.

I suggest that you also apply near-infrared light therapy. Get the below light and shine it on your injury every single day. Use a stand or clip and do it in your easy chair. There is no work involved. I am extraordinarily lazy and would never punish you with work that I personally would not do.

(54 watts is required, do not get a lower-power version.)

I suggest that you also apply near-infrared light therapy. Get the below light and shine it on your injury every single day. Use a stand or clip and do it in your easy chair. There is no work involved. I am extraordinarily lazy and would never punish you with work that I personally would not do.

(54 watts is required, do not get a lower-power version.)
Hi. I have broken my left wrist 3 times a my right twice also fractured my back in 8 places also have shrapnel next to my spine. I hace spent almost 3years in a wheelchair and been told I will never walk again twice. Some days I can not pick up a empty glass in my right hand but I keep going.

Hi. I have broken my left wrist 3 times a my right twice also fractured my back in 8 places also have shrapnel next to my spine. I hace spent almost 3years in a wheelchair and been told I will never walk again twice. Some days I can not pick up a empty glass in my right hand but I keep going.
We've all had our mishaps in life, but this is sure a story about persistence. I won't complain about my aches and pains again.

Wow! You are a tough man. I'm sure I'll get my wrist some what back but the plate will stop full rotation. I was super optimistic till I started physio and 2 therapist 1 specialized in hand and wrist telling me it will never be the same.

I am thankful for only a bummed wrist but it's still depressing.

200.gif

Soooo I finally got the bike back, it worse than i thought. Frames cracked, salvage broke the kickstand and dropped it. The turbo looks ok and the engine looks ok and the rear is ok.

Now the wrist situation.... I've pretty much maxed out. My right wrist is 100% my left I am unable to rotate my hand or have deflection. I will need another surgery and start all over again but that's in the future so probably will be 2 years before I can ride again.

I bought a c6 corvette to stave off the depression and give me something to do over winter. I didn't think winters were this bad but not working, no hockey or hunting it's feeling like time stopped lol.

Soooo I finally got the bike back, it worse than i thought. Frames cracked, salvage broke the kickstand and dropped it. The turbo looks ok and the engine looks ok and the rear is ok.

Now the wrist situation.... I've pretty much maxed out. My right wrist is 100% my left I am unable to rotate my hand or have deflection. I will need another surgery and start all over again but that's in the future so probably will be 2 years before I can ride again.

I bought a c6 corvette to stave off the depression and give me something to do over winter. I didn't think winters were this bad but not working, no hockey or hunting it's feeling like time stopped lol.
That's a real tough thing to have to go through.....

The Corvette will help you concentrate on something at least, and as we know, Canadian winters seem to go on forever with even active people falling into the "winter blues" so be careful.

@JeffSyh doing turbo setups sounds good!
When the Army ruined my spine 3 years ago, I had to find alternative hobbies and the great thing is it made me look outside the box and I've never looked back!

Your wrist may get better with surgery, physio and strength training. It's the nerve damage you gotta look out for... especially when leaning on handle bars... how does it feel?

I'm lucky I was very fit when my spine was injured, so recovery only took 3 years and went from not being able to dress myself to touching my toes.
I now have bad nerve damage and it's painful currently doing this turbo install, but I refuse to stop.

The Army doesn't want to lose me because they said they can't replace my knowledge. I told them to lock me in a glass case and break in case of emergency ...not sure if I want to train new guys or drive a desk, but I'll never compete in Judo again
If there's things you maybe can't do anymore, quickly replace it with sonething else fun that can be a distraction for you over winter.

How's the C6 Corvette coming along?

@WuzzaCBXRider it's an 05 so I'm going to need to upgrade the diff as my first mod. Not going to to crazy this year but diff, touch up paint, cam heads and some wheels, brakes and all fluids and plugs etc. It has 40,000 miles it a z51 fully loaded.

I sure wish i had views and roads like you though!

Just 40K, that’s great. Mine had under 50K when I got it. It was a one owner trade in. Just FYI, the air damn below the front fascia is bolted directly to the radiator mounts. If you bump it on a low curb it can dislodge the radiator. Good luck with it and post up some pics.

Glad you're somewhat ok. Sucks big time. Gonna need a bidet or someone who really loves you for a while. hahaha Hopefully you got a little smile out of that.
Hahaha definitely. I got a bidet a long time ago and highly recommend them. I’ve since upgraded to a Toto with a heated seat and heated water tank. It’s super nice 10/10, would recommend.

@JeffSyh how’s the PT going? It’s pretty amazing you were about to buy a corvette. I can’t wait for summer and warm weather.

Hahaha definitely. I got a bidet a long time ago and highly recommend them. I’ve since upgraded to a Toto with a heated seat and heated water tank. It’s super nice 10/10, would recommend.

@JeffSyh how’s the PT going? It’s pretty amazing you were about to buy a corvette. I can’t wait for summer and warm weather.
I hope everyone is going ok with the crazy cold front storms going across the USA. We're seeing it on the news here in Australia.

Ive maxed out in PT I'm just waiting for another surgery date which in canada means over a year wait sadly... I just want it done with and move on!

Back