Well I crashed...

Well I sat on 2018 gsx 1000r today lolololol my gf was not impressed.... 4000 km for $12,500. The dealership cringed when I told them I'd rip the abs out and stretch it. They've had it for 2 years so it ain't going anywhere.

I think I have an addiction....
Crashing SUCKS! Sorry you went through it & there is no worse feeling than loosing a beloved bike while banged up lying in a hospital bed or at home wondering if you will ride again. The family pressure is real even if they don't say it out loud any way you have Heart and a great attitude about it all. Best wishes, a full recovery and support much respect been there!

I dont city ride, I kinda wanna try a different build and be the quickest N/A bike around my parts (should be easy unless you count Alberta). I've seen people squeeze 190+ whp on mr12 with extended swing and on the 17+ gsx's which is insane.

Are you talking about a Gsxs or a Gsxr?
My friend's '18 Gsxr1000R with full M4, 3-D printed velocity stacks, Sprint air filter, and Chris Moore flashed and dyno tuned it through the ecu...it makes 187whp on 93 octane/pump gas.
MR12 is nasty stuff, too much hassle for a street bike.

Are you talking about a Gsxs or a Gsxr?
My friend's '18 Gsxr1000R with full M4, 3-D printed velocity stacks, Sprint air filter, and Chris Moore flashed and dyno tuned it through the ecu...it makes 187whp on 93 octane/pump gas.
MR12 is nasty stuff, too much hassle for a street bike.
Gsxr, people want way to much for gen 1 and gen 2 busas around me $12,000 for a low km gen 1 busa or $12,000 for a L8 gsxr low km plus cheaper insurance on a 1000.

Crashing SUCKS! Sorry you went through it & there is no worse feeling than loosing a beloved bike while banged up lying in a hospital bed or at home wondering if you will ride again. The family pressure is real even if they don't say it out loud any way you have Heart and a great attitude about it all. Best wishes, a full recovery and support much respect been there!
I'm happy to be alive alot don't make it or are hurt alot worse.

Gsxr, people want way to much for gen 1 and gen 2 busas around me $12,000 for a low km gen 1 busa or $12,000 for a L8 gsxr low km plus cheaper insurance on a 1000.

Wow, just the opposite here.
1000 insurance is 3x or more higher than a Busa or zx14, as those are classed as sport touring here.
And the 2017+ gsxr1k...it's power Sucks in stock form...147whp, and that is average.
99mph topped out in 3rd, and won't power wheelie.
After the pipe, stacks, filter, flash and dyno, 187whp...and you know alot of that was already in there to start with.
It now hits the rev limiter at 109mph...in first gear.
I am and always have been a wheelie guy too, but after the changes, and the incredible first gear acceleration, it's hard to control, as it will loop you in the road in 1st or 2nd with a good flick of the wrist, 3rd throttles up with ease as well.
And at 430ish lbs, you've got a monster...
Highly recommended, lol

@sixpack577 hayabusa is a sportbike where I live sadly. I've been researching like crazy and the newer gsxr's are so impressive. They need an old style clutch for drag racing though but brocks sells the conversions. I'll revist the turbo busa in a few years I have so many parts for a gen 1.

I won't be on a bike for atleast another year so I have time to draw out a build.

@sixpack577 hayabusa is a sportbike where I live sadly. I've been researching like crazy and the newer gsxr's are so impressive. They need an old style clutch for drag racing though but brocks sells the conversions. I'll revist the turbo busa in a few years I have so many parts for a gen 1.

I won't be on a bike for atleast another year so I have time to draw out a build.
Thankfully Hayabusas are cheaper to insure here than any liter bike regardless of age and it is cheaper than many 600s...

You will miss the stability of the Hayabusa, especially in the relentless prairie winds you have there...I found the liter bikes too light, a passing pick up truck almost blows you off the road.

Well I am starting to go stir crazy, I have been slowly working my left hand but it's still weak and sore. I should get the pins out next month.

I have not received anything from insurance or status of anything, good thing I have a savings.

I have all the materials to reno my kitchen and bathroom just a waiting game now for my wrists to heal.

The gsx-1000r idea is out of the question they want $320 a month in plates but I did find a nice gen 2, I wonder what is needed to swap over a gen 1 turbo system to a gen 2? Here's the bike the milage is alittle high but it's stock which I love.

Back