Well I crashed...

Just buy mine :) kidding kidding!
I'd love too! I'm already ordering parts for a gen 2 so I'm locked in now, not sure what I'm going to tell the gf when bike stuff starts showing up.

I haven't found a bike yet but I really want the red white 2014 colour and completely stock none in canada right now but they pop up in alberta from time to time.

The hardest part has been picking a helmet!

I'd love too! I'm already ordering parts for a gen 2 so I'm locked in now, not sure what I'm going to tell the gf when bike stuff starts showing up.

I haven't found a bike yet but I really want the red white 2014 colour and completely stock none in canada right now but they pop up in alberta from time to time.

The hardest part has been picking a helmet!
I hate picking helmets as i hate riding with them on. I have found since i finished my machine i am bored with it lololol. Told wife i was going to sell and look for another project, she said over her dead body, all i could really understand from her rant was 5k this and 4k this and 3 k this and i was out of my f'ing mind bwahahaha.

Why not buy a carbon fibre helmet and have it painted in a scheme you like....
It's not the styling, I dont like flashy helmets. it's finding the right fit, sound feel etc I've owned a few. My carbon fiber Bell star saved my life but my God was it noisy... the best fitting and quiet helmet is my icon but it's bulky, ugly, heavy and cheapy feeling. I've had a few others but they were cheapos ($300 range).

I love the pistas but way to much for me. I'm leaning towards a HJC RPHA pro 11.

I have the old shark speed r 2.
It's part CF, but i went for is as its the one with yellow on. I wear a hiviz top aswell. I like to be seen :)

It's not the styling, I dont like flashy helmets. it's finding the right fit, sound feel etc I've owned a few. My carbon fiber Bell star saved my life but my God was it noisy... the best fitting and quiet helmet is my icon but it's bulky, ugly, heavy and cheapy feeling. I've had a few others but they were cheapos ($300 range).

I love the pistas but way to much for me. I'm leaning towards a HJC RPHA pro 11.
Do you wear earplugs when you ride? It helps significantly when I ride. I have an Arai Defiant X and its kind of noisy without ear plugs but has decent ventilation and it does fit well.

@DougE I had to wear ear plugs or my ears would kill. I miss being able to wear headphones. I bet RF-1400 are quiet but they shaped like a bowling ball.

@Martin.UK I wonder if I had highviz on I wouldn't be in this situation.

@DougE I had to wear ear plugs or my ears would kill. I miss being able to wear headphones. I bet RF-1400 are quiet but they shaped like a bowling ball.

@Martin.UK I wonder if I had highviz on I wouldn't be in this situation.
Hard to say about high vis....I have a big yellow fairing with HID headlight and have had people turn in front of me...

Modern cars have so many toys in them these days the driver is too distracted to see us...

A friend of mine was talking one day last week and he said it's sad the cost of cars and level of technology has gone so high just so there are features to counteract distracted drivers of these vehicles...

@Bumblebee my insurance questioned where I was looking at the time of my accident or if I was on my phone or looking at my instrument cluster.... it was 5ish so the number 1 was busy. I was looking ahead in the fast lane chick moved over into my lane last second I either went into the wall flew over the over pass or into a semi or into the back of her. I choose the easiest. I went back my rear tire skid mark was 8 feet long I had 8 feet at 120ish km/h to decide what to do. People do not care or look, but God forbid you speed to get ahead of traffic clusters.

Why did the vehicle not have blind spot awareness? Was a brand new Honda ridge line.

@Bumblebee my insurance questioned where I was looking at the time of my accident or if I was on my phone or looking at my instrument cluster.... it was 5ish so the number 1 was busy. I was looking ahead in the fast lane chick moved over into my lane last second I either went into the wall flew over the over pass or into a semi or into the back of her. I choose the easiest. I went back my rear tire skid mark was 8 feet long I had 8 feet at 120ish km/h to decide what to do. People do not care or look, but God forbid you speed to get ahead of traffic clusters.

Why did the vehicle not have blind spot awareness? Was a brand new Honda ridge line.
Imagine the stupidity of an insurance adjuster to ask such a question to a motorcycle rider....

Most blind spot detectors are located in the side mirrors where few people look anyway...

Imagine the stupidity of an insurance adjuster to ask such a question to a motorcycle rider....

Most blind spot detectors are located in the side mirrors where few people look anyway...
Our police and insurance HATES anything sportbike related. You ride one they going to accuse you first.... my first accident ever and they made me feel criminal.

I haven't had a single driving infraction in 8 years...

Our police and insurance HATES anything sportbike related. You ride one they going to accuse you first.... my first accident ever and they made me feel criminal.

I haven't had a single driving infraction in 8 years...
Here as well and it doesn't just isolate itself to motorcycles...if you put a claim in for a car or truck it takes forever and a day to process it and the incumbent has to jump through hoops during the process...

What I absolutely disagree with is the instant guilty view of insurance companies towards new drivers/riders...I have always said they should be innocent until proven stupid....if a new rider/driver gets no tickets or anything, they shouldn't be paying crazy insurance rates...if they start getting tickets and into trouble, their rates should reflect this.

Here as well and it doesn't just isolate itself to motorcycles...if you put a claim in for a car or truck it takes forever and a day to process it and the incumbent has to jump through hoops during the process...

What I absolutely disagree with is the instant guilty view of insurance companies towards new drivers/riders...I have always said they should be innocent until proven stupid....if a new rider/driver gets no tickets or anything, they shouldn't be paying crazy insurance rates...if they start getting tickets and into trouble, their rates should reflect this.
I'll start this reply out by saying I am not attempting to support the insurance industry. But I have grown to understand a few things. They are about risk assessment. They are hedging against risk. It's how they survive. Assessing how much they can collect vs how much they have to pay out. That's pretty simplistic I know but that's the core of any company. Make more than you spend.

Personal injury is stupidly expensive for them to insure. For example. I'm with State Farm for my bike. They are by far cheaper than any of the rest I shop. However when you look at the risk, they do NOT insure your passenger for injury. That is a huge difference in risk.

They have large groups of people whose job it is to asses risk. A 25 year old on a 170HP motorcycle is a higher risk than a 50 year old on the same bike. Are there competent 25 year olds that drive a Hayabusa? Sure. But statistically they are a vast minority.

My biggest complaint against them is when it comes time to pay out on a claim, they need to do so quickly and not try and eff over the insured. They have assessed that risk, the fact that they have a claim is not relevant to the insured party.

They paid faithfully and you have a contract with them.

I had a lady hit my car years ago. It was not a substantial accident, noone was hurt. My car was damaged but driveable. She was 71 and had never had a claim her entire life. They paid for all my loss without delay.

And promptly cancelled her. This type thing is what pisses me off about the insurance industry. She paid in for over 50 years. Probably paid for that accident 4 times over in that time. Now she's going to get screwed.

Well my search for a bike is over... my left wrist is worse then I thought, I have to see 2 physiotherapist for about roughly the next 6 months one 5 days a week one 3. Sadly I thought I was seeing light at the end of the tunnel but not.

I will probably only get 75% of my hand rotation back and lifting things won't be the same. Lucky I'm high enough in my job I have minions under me for the heavy work but still sucks.

I've been looking at old shortbox single cab trucks or maybe a corvette to subside me for a few years, I really wanna try building my own turbo setups.

Well my search for a bike is over... my left wrist is worse then I thought, I have to see 2 physiotherapist for about roughly the next 6 months one 5 days a week one 3. Sadly I thought I was seeing light at the end of the tunnel but not.

I will probably only get 75% of my hand rotation back and lifting things won't be the same. Lucky I'm high enough in my job I have minions under me for the heavy work but still sucks.

I've been looking at old shortbox single cab trucks or maybe a corvette to subside me for a few years, I really wanna try building my own turbo setups.

Don't listen to what Doctors say when it comes to their Opinion of how much or well you will recover from anything!
Everyone is different, but the first thing that will limit you to 75% rotation...is Beliving that is all you're gonna get!
You are young, do the physical therapy, be determined!
Been there, done that, myself and many.
If you want to ride again, then heal and go do it.
If bikes are leaving your system for other reasons, then so be it.
Regardless, chin up, eyes forward, face it head on, you will get back on track in time, it just sucks in the moment, lol.
I wish you a fast and full recovery.

Back