ZX14 frames cracking

This thread just cracked me up.
bump.gif

I remember there being a flap like this with GSXR1000s several years back. Dont know what ever happened there but it was also a frame cracking issue that caused some static between owners and dealerships.

Pretty dangerous situation to be sure and I'd hope that if a vehicle manufacturer was aware of something like this that they'd 150% stand behind the product before someone gets killed!

Good for Kawi that they are not selling gobs of the 14s eh?

That's some scary shid.. I just passed word on to one of my friends who's riding one of these now. Is this just from regular wear and tear? Or are the bikes that are stored outside more prone to this? Any common reasons for the breaks? Dam..

Yeah, they have had some frame cracks
sadnews.gif
, BIG DEAL Guys
winkold.gif
. As I recall the 99 and 2000 Busa's had them also. That's what happens when you lighten a frame and let the public use them. They do all kinds of weird  
whistling.gif
things the factory guys would NEVER do
shutup.gif
 ! The ZX is still a good bike, just NOT AS GOOD AS A BUSA
laugh.gif
Those were the aluminum sub frames (tail section) and it was usually on bikes that were modified...they went to a steel sub frame in '01 to solve that issue.

I hope it's an isolated incident (they mentioned there were 2 documented breaks), 'cause I don't wish that on any rider.

I think I remember reading about this in one of the Cycle World issues a while back. I believe they were being recalled for that issue.

deadhorse.gif

CRY ME A RIVER. IT IS A KAWA  CRAPPY
ITS NOT A BUSA SO LETS NOT TALK ABOUT IT EVER.. OR I WILL LET MY 750 NITROUS FED GSXR EAT THOSE KAWACRAPPIES..TRUTHFULLY DONT CARE IF IT IS DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH SUZUKI!!!!!
moon.gif

Back