ZX14

blah blah blah
drooling3.gif

The question I have is the ZX14 going to get into the 8s in the quarter mile?
rock.gif

And id suggest lets not makes this a ZX14 bashing thread....why? It would be pointless.

I'll be the first to say props to Kawasaki for putting out a 200hp superbike and thanks because it
right now it looks like they have risen the bar which benefits all of us in the long run.

cool.gif

Okay okay......good lord I am so sick of hearing about this thing already. We all knew this day was coming. When you have held the title of the outright fastest thing on two wheels steady for 7 straight years someone is bound to catch you sooner or later. Everyone is so upset that there will be a faster bike out there. Honestly who gives a rats arse? Bottom line is this....

Busa has killer aerodynamics that the new cow isn't touching, looks that STOMP it, and if I really wanna be faster regardless of what anyone says about cost I will go shell out money to big bore my Busa because to me having a good looking bike like the Busa with all that power is worth it.

And PS if Cow doesn't get rid of that damn banana seat I don't care if it had 500 HP I still wouldn't by one.

Ironically the only people upset in this thread is Jinkster and Busa Boy 69 , who both "don't care"
laugh.gif

As stated B4 I want my Busa I don't want anything else I don't give a rats azz if its faster meaner or what, Ever since I saw the Busa its the only bike I've ever wanted, don't care what anyone says about it, don't care if someone outruns it BUT THEY BETTER NO PHUCK WITH IT, I didn't buy the bike for hype I bought it for ME If everyone is worried that the 14 will outrun it, they prolly bought it for hype which I say POSER my .02 cents
wink.gif

I agree with Rev. too...... Because then I KNOW that Suzuki will counter the Kawi move for sure..... LOFL!

Ironically the only people upset in this thread is Jinkster and Busa Boy 69 , who both "don't care"
laugh.gif
A. I'm not upset and..
B. I truely don't care.

But I do enjoy intelligent debate regarding the speculation of newly released bikes...that's all...glad you found a laugh in there somewhere....though I don't know where.

ahhh, don't worry about Rev....he's harmless! Except that time he hit me in the back of the head with that board, we really haven't had any trouble out of him....
poke.gif

I think that as soon as Suzuki quits using its friggin checkbook as a booster chair and dumps some much needed capital into renovating the Hayabusa platform (to say nothing of their weak assed MotoGP effort! This is getting embarrassing!) We are going to be bantering back and forth for weeks. But before anyone goes and levels a Kawasaki dealership we should all just be patient for a little while longer. The big bike shows in Europe are about to start and you might just be surprised to see what does come out these! Not that I expect to see an all-new Hayabusa but you never know. I am going to be optimistic that the boys in Hamamatsu won’t take this “shot across the bowâ€￾ sitting on their booster chair!
soapbox.gif

The ZX14 may be faster, might have more power but it's flat out UGLY.
No mods can cure that short of a plastic swap.

And i can always make my Busa faster.

I agree with Rev as well.  Up here, there are only 6 Busa's in this entire province.  Only three of which are within 3-4 hour drive.  There are 3 ZX 12's.  I've seen and ridden one of the 12's, a buddy of mine.  It has 8000kms on it, and it's a 2000 model.  My 99 busa has 50,000 kms on it.  Mine is the only 99, unrestricted model, in the province that is on the road.  There's one more 6 hours away, beat up and sitting in a garage for the last 3 years.  Isn't the 300km restiction still on motorcycles around the world.  If it is, the Busa will still be the fastest production motorcycle in the books!!  If Kawi breaks the agreement just to have a shot at the title, I'm sure that someone will knock them back in place before the year is out.  My personal opinion here:  the ZX14 had better be fast, because it is pretty ugly looking.  It would have been a nice looking bike back in the late 80's.  It's probably the same designer they had back then with the old ninja 900, 1000, and ninja 1100.
rant.gif

Good responses, I am waiting to see waiting to see what suzuki has up it's sleeve. I have a ZX10 and let me tell you, up till 180 with the current mods on my busa, my 10 will walk with the same rider, skills and weight. Don't get me wrong I love my busa and I will never give it up but looking at what a 10 does to my busa I hate to think what the 14 will do. All suzuki has to do to improve are a couple of minor things: Lighten the bike by 50 lbs, radial brakes, lighter wheels, shorten the wheel base by an inch and raise the bike by an inch. I will take a bike that hasn't changed for several years over a bike that changes all the time any day. Again the only way that I'm getting rid of my busa is for the new and improve busa and I don't mean some stupid change like turning the headlight off while you start your bike....give me a break!

Okay I'm off my box please share your thoughts.

I don't think the busa will change this year other than color option. But I have a gut feeling 07 will be the big year.

I got to see the dealer advertisment pamphlet for the ZX-14 yesterday...I like it alot. I have a feeling its going to be a smash hit.

Dealer told me MSRP is $11,500 ..so not that bad. He is getting 2 of each color and he expects them to sell quickly...I kinda believe it.

I know I will never get one because Suzuki's answer to this will be awesome...regardless though its going to be fun hearing and reading all the talk about it in the coming months when it hits the streets.
smile.gif

I am happy for Kawasaki....I hope I get a chance to at least ride one once!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back