your favourite bike that you miss alot

My 1985 GS1150ES was a blast. It didnt age like fine wine though. Probably my 1981 GS1000G was my favorite old bike.

85_GS1150___88_Katana.jpg

Bought a CB900 Custom in the spring of 1080. Much like the one pictured. Bike was shaft drive, and had a two speed gearbox with a high and low range with a 5 speed transmission. You could put it in low range and have 5 gears in that range, or put it in high range and have 5 gears in that range. In low it would get it! Rode many a mile with GSXTacy sitting in front of me when he was young.

normal_snyder_sam.jpg

My '02 Yamaha FZ1 was a great bike, and every now and then I wish I had kept it as a stable mate. My favorite old bike was a 1979 GS1000E. I had a lot of fun on that
smile.gif

I had one of these when I was in Hawaii from 1969-71.. I can't believe that Suzuki still has this on their website at http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcy....0s.html

The air-cooled parallel-twin 500cc engine, the largest displacement of any 2-cycle engine at the time, boasted an output of 47ps at 6,500rpm. Top speed was 180km/h. Problems such as engine durability, overheating and vibration were overcome by means of Suzuki's unique technological flair, resulting in outstanding performance and making this T500 the company's flagship machine.

Was the bike special or was it just being an 18 to 20 year old in Hawaii that makes me think about it now and then
smile.gif

1968_t500_l.jpg

My very first motorcycle was one of these -- 1965 Honda 150 Dream -- I had completely forgotten about the whitewall tires until I found this picture.

Prior to this I had three scooters...A Vespa,  a Cushman Highlander, and a Cushman Super Eagle.

Damn...I'm old!!!

Honda_150.jpg

i have two bikes that i truly miss,my 1998 zx-9R and my 2001 gsx-R 1000 those were two of the best sportbikes iv ever owned.

Early last summer I picked up a streched out ''99 R1 which at first I hated. After repacing the motor with an '01,stainless brake lines, yoshimura carb kit,& paint,this bike has got to be one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06busas112006_102__Small_.jpg

After it was shortened up & painted
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blk_R1_011__Small_.jpg

I really wish I still had my old 1978 GS750E(sorry the link is a 79 model. Traded my VW for it my Senior year of high school and that was my sole means of transportation for almost two years. I traded a guy an old Ruger pistol for a whole box full of High performance stuff for it. Kerker pipe, K&N filters, Derale oil cooler with stainless steel lines, Superbike bars etc. Loved that bike!]GS750E[/URL](sorry the link is a 79 model). Traded my VW for it my Senior year of high school and that was my sole means of transportation for almost two years. I traded a guy an old Ruger pistol for a whole box full of High performance stuff for it. Kerker pipe, K&N filters, Derale oil cooler with stainless steel lines, Superbike bars etc. Loved that bike!

Back