'03 Gixxer6

motogp08

Registered
Would 3000-3500 be about right for a blue/white Gixxer 600, '03 model.

Also, another guy want's 7200 for an '03 Orange LE Busa, "would that be about right too?"
rock.gif

This is a first sportbike question, and PLEASE don't suggest anything different. I've already pretty much made up my mind on a Gixxer of some sort.

The '03 600 should be plenty sufficient to sustain my attention for quite a while right? I don't want to get anything that i'll grow out of too quick.

Or should i go for a 750-1000 from about that time period?

Price looks good for the 600 assuming it hasn't been abused. As far as the Busa goes, I always told myself I'd never buy a used bike for more than $7,000. I'd rather use that money as a down-payment on a brand new one. You can't put a price on peace of mind.

(NightCrawler @ Mar. 21 2007,00:32) Price looks good for the 600 assuming it hasn't been abused. As far as the Busa goes, I always told myself I'd never buy a used bike for more than $7,000. I'd rather use that money as a down-payment on a brand new one. You can't put a price on peace of mind.
Thank's for the info NC!
beerchug.gif

Do you think it would entertain me for quite a while, or should i think into a 750-1000?
rock.gif

It depends on what you mean by "entertain" and a "while". Here in Miami we have primarily long straight roads. There aren't very many places to practice knee-dragging. With that said, my first bike was a 2000 Honda F4 (600). I loved the bike at first but grew bored with it after only 3 months. This may sound silly and/or reckless but 150mph just wasn't enough for me. I then decided to step up to a 1000 but didn't like the change they made to the Gixxer in '05 (at least not at that time ... I love 'em now
smile.gif
) so I opted to get the '05 Busa. Maybe if I lived in an area with more twisties I would have probably been able to enjoy the 600 ... possibly even more-so than the Busa.

So you see, its about what you plan on doing with the bike. If you are a beginner I suggest you get the 600 no matter what. Chances are you're going to drop it and you won't be quite as hurt emotionally. Along with that you'll be much more comfartable on a much lighter bike ... not to mention throttle control isn't something which should be practiced on a 1300cc motorcycle.

If you're a little farther along with your skills, it goes back to your plans with your bike. If you never ... and I mean NEVER plan on going past 150mph and/or you're not looking for mad acceleration, then by all means get the 600. If you paln on going past 150mph from time to time and still want some agility, opt for the 750. If you want killer acceleration bundled with superb handling, get a 1000. If you are a speed demon, don't really care much for agility, need some torque (you might be a heavier fella), and love modding, hop on a Busa.

I'm not saying the Busa isn't an agile bike (see pic below), I'm just saying the other 3 are far better twisty options.

hollywoodonkneevi51.JPG

I was thinking maybe litre, would it be too much to handle from going from dirt to sport? "I've ridden dirt for about 4-5 years."

(motogp08 @ Mar. 21 2007,04:16) I was thinking maybe litre, would it be too much to handle from going from dirt to sport? "I've ridden dirt for about 4-5 years."
Don't take this the wrong way as I mean absolutely no offense to you by it. But I know people who have been driving for 10 years and still don't know how to drive. Having the concept is one thing, knowing how to apply it is another.

Only you and those close to you who know how good of a rider you are and who know how mature you are can help you with that question. I know a few people who started on a liter and handled it with ease, but I also know a few rookies who have wrecked on them. You don't wanna end up like the host from PINKS.
crazy.gif

My advice would be to borrow different size bikes from fellow riders and see how they feel to you. Ask people why they chose the bikes they have. If you can't speak to anyone in person, try different internet forums.

The last thing you want to do is purchase a bike and then regret it because it doesn't suit you.

(NightCrawler @ Mar. 21 2007,02:28)
(motogp08 @ Mar. 21 2007,04:16) I was thinking maybe litre, would it be too much to handle from going from dirt to sport? "I've ridden dirt for about 4-5 years."
Don't take this the wrong way as I mean absolutely no offense to you by it. But I know people who have been driving for 10 years and still don't know how to drive. Having the concept is one thing, knowing how to apply it is another.

Only you and those close to you who know how good of a rider you are and who know how mature you are can help you with that question. I know a few people who started on a liter and handled it with ease, but I also know a few rookies who have wrecked on them. You don't wanna end up like the host from PINKS.
crazy.gif

My advice would be to borrow different size bikes from fellow riders and see how they feel to you. Ask people why they chose the bikes they have. If you can't speak to anyone in person, try different internet forums.

The last thing you want to do is purchase a bike and then regret it because it doesn't suit you.
Yep! Saw the PINKS thing!
crazy.gif

I'll be careful, i know my limits and don't want to hurt myself/the bike, and i'm not throttle happy like most teens my age. (16)
smile.gif

I just want a sportbike that i can have fun on, won't grow out of, (because i get sentimental about stuff)
and i do believe i could handle one. "Still gonna try before i buy like you said probably," but i'm not a hotheaded moron! aka SQUID!
pissed.gif

Thank you for all the info you've given me NC! You've been a great help!

Have a great evening!
beerchug.gif

crazy.gif

Back